Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris B
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the KS campaign on this, yeah I know, I was living under a rock.... Anyways I preordered this from Starlit Citadel a few weeks back. I got an email from them yesterday saying they have received it and my order was processed.

I happened to be home today as our oldest son has a bad cold. Well, it just arrived 5 minutes ago and I'm speechless... the pictures and videos here on BGG just don't do it justice. This thing is friggin' huge!!! I can only imagine all the cyber-tank goodness inside!

As much as I want to rip into this right away I may wait until I have some time this weekend... or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pay close attention to the "Read this first" sheet. They aren't kidding when they say that just randomly punching counters is the way to madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
And make sure you locate the "Read this first" sheet, it's on the back of the big sheet on the outside of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I did open it up (yes I'm weak) and saw that sheet. I'll make sure I read it before I settle down to a lengthy punching session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boisse wrote:
the pictures and videos here on BGG just don't do it justice.

I said that when I opened mine and it was a cliche even then. But good grief is it ever true.

The maps... the dice... the 3D units... the counters.

I hated the mockups I saw on Kickstarter-- I thought they were tacky and gaudy-- but wow this is awesome when you finally have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cowling
Canada
Salmon Arm
BC
flag msg tools
badge
I think I'm in the headspace to convert some of my library into food and gas.
mbmbmbmbmb
For sure. I didn't do the Kickstarter because the shipping price to Canada plus the retail price didn't outweigh the value of the KS-only sheets for me (since I'm a FLGS I am loathe to pay more than 3% shipping on anything). So I ordered a couple of copies for the store from one of my distributors and kept one for myself.

It's an incredible value, even at full retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lewis
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My reaction was how did the box go into the shipping carton, it just looks too big to go back in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elberon wrote:
My reaction was how did the box go into the shipping carton, it just looks too big to go back in it!

You want to see this video from the factory to see how that was done:

http://boardgamegeek.com/video/34471/steve-jackson-games/ogr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fascinating, actually. I would have expected much more machined operations, but there is a LOT of hand assembly there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is all the extra bits like the cardboard reinforcement, the upholstery tape used on the corners and the extra bit of cardboard included on top of the game to prevent cutting the game box when the shipping box is opened that show the love that SJG put into this game.

Well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.