Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say wrong, because the rulebook says:
"However, you may not choose to use only part of a card’s effect."

No drawing cards means not having another turn.

Any arguments or official ruling for the other way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my rulebook it says, "Dancer: Draw a number of cards equal to the number of dancers in your Guildhall. Then take another action."

So I read this to mean you draw 0 in your example, yet you still get another turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Porter
United States
TAMPA
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And, just to clarify, it's definitely another action and not another turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Bill, Todd and Jim... you play the card, Draw 0 then take another action.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
Your first dancer allows you to draw 0 cards and get an extra ACTION (not turn).

This was totally clear.

louper wrote:

I don't understand your statement, "No drawing cards means not having another turn."

Yes, I was not clear enough. I wanted to say "Because I cannot use one part of the card's effect (i.e. drawing cards with the dancer), I also cannot use the other part of the card's effect (i.e. taking a new action with the dancer).

The difference between our points of view is, that for you, you are using the effect (i.e. drawing 0 cards) and for me it is rather "not drawing any cards" and thus not using the effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
louper wrote:
Your first dancer allows you to draw 0 cards and get an extra ACTION (not turn).

This was totally clear.

louper wrote:

I don't understand your statement, "No drawing cards means not having another turn."

Yes, I was not clear enough. I wanted to say "Because I cannot use one part of the card's effect (i.e. drawing cards with the dancer), I also cannot use the other part of the card's effect (i.e. taking a new action with the dancer).

The difference between our points of view is, that for you, you are using the effect (i.e. drawing 0 cards) and for me it is rather "not drawing any cards" and thus not using the effect.

If you draw 0 cards you just satisfied the first part of the card. You drew cards = to the number of dancers in your guild (0).

Although to be fair I guess you could REFUSE to draw 0 cards and thus lose your extra action...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote that rulebook, so let me jump in -- yes, you get the action even if you draw 0 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:
I wrote that rulebook, so let me jump in -- yes, you get the action even if you draw 0 cards.

You are my man!!
Thanx!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.