Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to make sure I interpret (and code) this correctly.

If my Accelerated Diagnostics pulls another Accelerated diagnostics, and then there's also another operation (or two) in the top three cards, I get to activate all those operations effectively twice before trashing them, right?

Let's say first AD sees: AD, Hedge Fund, Scorched Earth

I choose to run AD first, which sees Hedge Fund, Scorched Earth and some ICE

Second AD plays HF and SE and trashes the ICE

First AD continues to play HF and SF again

Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny And The
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
The way I understood it was that say AD reveals AD scorch hedge. Then when you play the revealed AD you reveal 3 fresh cards from R&D and play any newly revealed operations and then the scorch and hedge if you decided to play them after the revealed AD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, found a similar discussion here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1084360/accelerated-diagnost...

The general consensus is that all operations are sitting in limbo while selected by AD, so any further AD are going to see new cards. I'm not sure this is correct, but I think I'm going to code in this fashion until we have an official ruling as it's simpler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as we know (there's no Lukas ruling to the contrary), the revealed operations are put into a limbo space and the second AD would resolve on three entirely new cards.
Link: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1084360/accelerated-diagnost...

A confusing part I'm not sure about would be if you reveal AD and a non-operation card. The resolution of AD has you trash the cards after it tells you to play them, so you may only see two new cards in that scenario...

EDIT2: Unless all three cards are put into the limbo state but you're only allowed to resolve the operations!

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what happens if you get an Anonymous Tip and 2 non-operations? Does it draw the 2 non-Ops and another card and then you trash the non-ops? Or does it draw 3 fresh cards? Damn this wording. Couldn't that have made it trash those cards immediately instead of just looking at them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But then, it can't be that all operations are put immediately into limbo, because you MAY play any of them, and any that you don't play, function as non-operation (i.e. they are trashed AFTERWARDS), so until you decide to play any operation or not, it functions as a non-operation, which means that either all cards are sitting in R&D or none of them are.

Aaargh!

Fuckit, I'm treating that any card you're currently "looking at" is in execution limbo and not still in R&D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ryan
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
first AD sees: AD, Hedge Fund, Scorched Earth

I choose to run AD first, which sees Hedge Fund, Scorched Earth and some ICE

Second AD plays HF and SE and trashes the ICE

First AD continues to play HF and SF again

Alex D wrote:
The way I understood it was that say AD reveals AD scorch hedge. Then when you play the revealed AD you reveal 3 fresh cards from R&D and play any newly revealed operations and then the scorch and hedge if you decided to play them after the revealed AD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, things like Precog and Anonymous Tip make it very very complicated if the 3 cards from Accelerated Diagnostics don't go into limbo. The card is poorly worded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kandiru wrote:
I agree, things like Precog and Anonymous Tip make it very very complicated if the 3 cards from Accelerated Diagnostics don't go into limbo. The card is poorly worded!

I think the card is worded fine. It's the rules that govern "looking at cards/playing them" that need clarifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That shit is crazy yo.

Has anyone bombed this to Lukas yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
That shit is crazy yo.

Has anyone bombed this to Lukas yet?

I know the Precog question has been asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this was answered elsewhere, but I came across this thread. What is the consensus about the OP's question? Do they only get to see 1 fresh card, or 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:
Maybe this was answered elsewhere, but I came across this thread. What is the consensus about the OP's question? Do they only get to see 1 fresh card, or 3?

There are 2 important rules for Accelerated Diagnostics.

1. When you play an Operation via Accelerated Diagnostics, it moves to Archives and ceases to be part of R&D.

2. If a card moves into or out of the top 3 cards of R&D, it ceases to be targeted by Accelerated Diagnostics.

So if the example has the top three cards of R&D being Hedge Fund, Accelerated Diagnostics, and Scorched Earth and you play the second Accelerated Diagnostics first, you will look at and be able to play Hedge Fund, Scorched Earth, and possibly some other card. After you play the Hedge Fund, it will be in Archives and not R&D and thus you will not be able to play it again via the original Accelerated Diagnostics.

If you choose to play the second Accelerated Diagnostics last, it will see 3 fresh cards on top of R&D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.