United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to GMT this will began charging on the 16th and shipping in the last third of the month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the reminder...

I am going back and forth on this one. Beside the fact that I love this battle and mechanics The Great P500 price is a huge plus in my mind. I just do not know.....argh.... Should I or shouldn't I......that is the question.

I wonder when I will need to pull the trigger as to not miss the P500 pricing....hmmm.

I wish this was releasing next month....though that kind of comment may get me shot by those gamers anxious and ready to receive it......lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
I often suffer from this sort of inner conflict - do I order or not? I've come up with a simple and elegant solution:

1. Go to the P-500 page for the game in question.
2. Read the game description, and check any "sneak peeks" available.
3. Consider the cost of the game and the likelihood of you ever actually playing it. Think of all the reasons not to order.
4. Drink two or three glasses of red wine.
5. Repeat Step 2.
6. Place the order.

Works like a charm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other strategy is to take a risk on the game not selling out. You then place a preorder for a different, less expensive GMT game that's coming out next year. Then, when GMT announces their P500 Appreciation Sale, you buy this game with that appreciation discount, which would be half off the retail price (usually less than the P500 price). That also gives you a chance to see how the game is received.

I've seen other people do this, but I've never pulled it off myself. There are so few GMT games that I preorder that I couldn't make it work (or, as in the case of Ardennes '44, I ordered it because I knew it was good and it was going to sell out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_peabody wrote:
The other strategy is to take a risk on the game not selling out. You then place a preorder for a different, less expensive GMT game that's coming out next year. Then, when GMT announces their P500 Appreciation Sale, you buy this game with that appreciation discount, which would be half off the retail price (usually less than the P500 price). That also gives you a chance to see how the game is received.

I've seen other people do this, but I've never pulled it off myself. There are so few GMT games that I preorder that I couldn't make it work (or, as in the case of Ardennes '44, I ordered it because I knew it was good and it was going to sell out).

This is exactly the decision I'm currently weighing. I just got SPW's Western Front, so I feel like I could spend the next 10 months playing that, then try and grab OaO in the Fall Sale... or I could buy it now and satisfy some acquisition disorder for WWI action. Decisions, decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one has been on my radar for quite some time.

I pre-ordered it, then cancelled it.

Now, I'll probably order it again since I only have a few games in mind for purchase this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Hopefully to my FOGS. I think is is one of my most keenly awaited game of 2014!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today!

Very nice big map with large hexes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Spoor
United States
Chevy Chase
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine yesterday. I haven't essayed the rules yet, but I have to say this is one of the most beautiful maps I've seen in a while. The other components are excellent. I'm looking forward to trying out the intro scenario, possibly this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.