Subject: Pre-Order a Kickstarter version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI... For those who have missed it, you can pre-order the Kickstarter version at the Game Salute web site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M mom
Netherlands
doesburg
gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcm70 wrote:
FYI... For those who have missed it, you can pre-order the Kickstarter version at the Game Salute web site.

True although it will not contain the stretch goals (e.a. the swirly dice etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dicedaddy wrote:

False! Check the top of the Kickstarter page:

Woohoo! I ordered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smottz wrote:
Dicedaddy wrote:

Woohoo! I ordered it.

Thanks for the confirmation Steve. I don't know how long a limited time will be, at least we are sure to get our copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scholtanus
Netherlands
Beek (gem Montferland)
flag msg tools
I just noticed it's been bumped back to June, instead of April 2014 :x. But, is there any way in getting this thing to Europe? If not, I'd probably have to wait till 2015 . *or Spiel I guess*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little torn on the whole Kickstarter experience. When I KS something, I know I'm backing something to bring it to market. Sometimes I get exclusive content, sometimes my money helps bring it to all.

Under most circumstances, there's a clear delineation of what's exclusive, and what's simply a product upgrade. With King's Forge, I'm a little unsure what's exclusive to KS backers, and what's upgrading the product for all.

Is the list of Stretch Rewards for all (thus upgrading the "What's in the box" list), or is "What's in the box" remaining constant as the retail package (with Stretch Rewards being KS exclusive and/or "upgrade material for later")?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreezenFire wrote:
Is the list of Stretch Rewards for all (thus upgrading the "What's in the box" list), or is "What's in the box" remaining constant as the retail package (with Stretch Rewards being KS exclusive and/or "upgrade material for later")?

Well, not sure what the standard answer is, but it sounds like all stretch rewards will be included in pre-orders "for a limited time," which means that people can get everything KS backers got if they pre-order now. But that also means that not everything will be in the retail box, as "limited time" suggests these are "limited time" inclusions to enhance what you would normally get at retail.

UPDATE: It looks like the "Ring of the Lords" craft card is the only KS exclusive, though something like the board isn't typically included with the game. It may be an add-on for future buyers, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crud, I just remembered I had already asked this (goldfish memory lately, thanks holidays burnout!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M mom
Netherlands
doesburg
gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smottz wrote:
Dicedaddy wrote:

Woohoo! I ordered it.

Ok mm which did u ordered? I get confused by the seemingly duplicate offers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dicedaddy wrote:
Ok mm which did u ordered? I get confused by the seemingly duplicate offers

I am not sure I understand the question. I ordered the Game Salute pre-order copy which promises all the same rewards as Kickstarter backers received. I wasn't able to pledge during the Kickstarter campaign, but it looks like I was still able to snag everything those backers did. And I'm really happy about that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmbmb
Smottz wrote:
Dicedaddy wrote:

Woohoo! I ordered it.

A bit misleading: "rewards" implies more than one but the only exclusive to KS backers is a single card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
A bit misleading: "rewards" implies more than one but the only exclusive to KS backers is a single card.

There are multiple rewards to the Kickstarter version, but you'd have to be familiar with the campaign in order to recognize those details.

The extensive upgrades to the components (six types of upgraded dice, upgraded wooden tokens, cards upgraded to punchboard, the 3" first player anvil, card tuck boxes, additional clear dice, 35 additional cards all requiring original art, double-sided themed forges requiring 8 new pieces of artwork, etc.) are for everyone. The success of the campaign was very generous.

While I personally feel that participating and helping to create and shape the game with other backers was a very satisfying qualitative reward and engaging experience on its own (they incorporated a lot of backer ideas throughout the campaign), there was more than one tangible reward for backers:

- an exclusive Ring of the Lords card

- a free copy of the Queen's Jubilee expansion (includes 4 clear dice and 35 total cards---the majority of which came from backer suggestions)

- an optional game board add-on (this will no doubt be available later; backers had access to it for $10))

At the bare minimum, the "Kickstarter version" includes a free expansion in addition to the card for backers. This version is no longer available for pre-order, but I saw it there in December.

EDIT JAN 22, 2014 : still available apparently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly, when you go to the Game Salute page, it says nothing about getting Kickstarter rewards. I sent mail to Game Salute, and they sent me another link that does offer the KS rewards. Not sure why it's not discoverable from GS. Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, Curt. Looks like there's currently several ways to pre-order King's Forge:

- King's Forge Page ($45 pre-order available, lists MSRP as $55; no mention of Kickstarter rewards)

- King's Forge Kickstarter Rewards page at Game Salute (the link Curt shared; $39 KS pricing + KS card, but no mention of the expansion or board) and the $49 version with the board)

- King's Forge search at Game Salute (mentions $39 Kickstarter pricing and rewards including the board and expansion)

- Kickstarter Page - "You're Late Link" (this is the same link as the King's Forge search query; which makes sense as the Kickstarter page has to link to something for perpetuity)

As a major cheerleader of the project since it launched on Kickstarter, I can't say that I expected the 'limited availability' on Kickstarter rewards to extend almost five months. That said, I too have been sending people to these links when they are bummed they missed out on the Kickstarter. My assumption is that all of these options work, but I have not used any of them so I don't speak from personal experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Schreiber wrote:
- King's Forge Kickstarter Rewards page at Game Salute (the link Curt shared; $39 KS pricing + KS card, but no mention of the expansion or board)

The third option is with the board. I'm not sure what "expansion" means. I haven't been following this game. Isn't that part of KS rewards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The $49 option is the one that included the board (both during the campaign as well as for this limited time after the campaign). But yes, the "expansion," which I assume refers to Queen's Jubilee, looks to have been included with KS rewards, so that should be included in the KS pre-order as it states that buyers would receive the same rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Chris Schreiber wrote:
- King's Forge Kickstarter Rewards page at Game Salute (the link Curt shared; $39 KS pricing + KS card, but no mention of the expansion or board)

The third option is with the board. I'm not sure what "expansion" means. I haven't been following this game. Isn't that part of KS rewards?

You're right, Curt. I missed the last link on that page. I'll correct my post.

You never know what the final expansion name will be, right now on BGG it's called appropriately -- King's Forge: Queen's Jubilee. That deck of crafting items comes from backer suggestions made during the campaign and is (a) incredibly beautiful, and (b) designed to play faster. It also includes five additional gather cards and four clear dice for the Conjurer gather card. This was all laid out in the Kickstarter comments and updates so it's hard to find. The original estimate --five months ago-- was a possible $15 expansion price for the Queen's Jubilee expansion and that it would arrive in a separate retail box for backers. But that was a long time ago, before we saw all the amazing art. Here's the art for the Queen's Jubilee gather cards:

I believe the optional game board was also estimated at $15 retail, but no word on that yet. An early draft of the board used for playtesting at PAX looked awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all - a little clarification from the office:

Pages are up for the base game, the Queen's Jubilee expansion and game board. The other King's Forge pages were for the Kickstarter backers only and will be taken down soon - we have full records of all our backers and anyone who attempted to purchase these without being on our list are told that this is not possible.

Different prices that were available before were because we did not really know our final production costs. The new prices are what the game will retail at when it arrives in stores.

If you have any questions, ask away - we're happy to help.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to follow up, looks like everything is worked out nicely now at the Game Salute website. I am pleased that the additional game board kept its playful working title from during the campaign -- the "King's Forge Unnecessary but Totally Cool Game Board."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.