Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Seymour
United States
Maynard
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every kid deserves toys for xmas.

My girlfriend and I went out last night, and decided to swing by toys r us to surprise a few families and make the holidays a bit more enjoyable for people.

We went to customer services and asked them to help us find a few families (in the end we found 3) that based on their layaways looked like they could use a little bit of extra help around the holidays. We then proceeded to pay them off, and told the store to keep it annonymous.

The look on the managers face was awesome. she was so happy to do it, and really looking forward to calling those families to let them know what happened. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in that conversation, but im just glad some kids somewhere will have a great xmas.

We realized after we tallied up how much we had spent on our parents/siblings that this whole holiday thing can get a bit crazy, and its supposed to be about giving, and making someones day.

There were even a few boardgame/puzzles on the layaway lists. So I know those kids will be having some fun.

Merry Xmas Everyone!
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy you were able to do this. Thanks for sharing, it's a beautiful thing to read and ponder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Sean,

Certainly everything that you did will return back in twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jp
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a very touching entry. Appreciate your sharing it with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How wonderful! I'm sure you really made those families' Christmas. Thank you for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Give us lettuce or give us death (or carrots).
mbmbmbmbmb
Good on ya.

danilopatro wrote:
Congrats Sean,

Certainly everything that you did will return back in twice.

I read this as: "The families will probably return what you got them to the store."

After a reread, it makes much more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.