Popular Tags: [View All]
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like to know too much about the cards before I play with them so I can discover new things and be surprised. So, let's pull the Fantastic Four out of the box and put them in action as a team with the Silver Surfer.

My friend never played this before and he picked RED SKULL as the Mastermind not knowing how weak he is. Hydra and Skrulls were the 2 Villain Groups with Maggia Goons as the Henchmen. We played against the "Skrull Shapeshifters" Scheme.

The game started out hard (as usual) with 3 Heroes escaping toward the 6 needed for a loss. I got on track 1st and started taking Fantastic Four cards off the City track (12 were randomly picked to be Villains with a hit value being their Cost +2) to prevent that loss.

Now for the discovery/surprise. This set comes with the new "Focus" ability which was cool but I soon found out it was the ONLY ability that most of these cards had!!! The exception being the ability to combo off other 4 members and THE THINGS ability to combo off his STRENGTH symbol which was ONE whole card!

We defeated RED pretty easily when we had our decks upgraded and I won 50 - 12 after the final confrontation with 4/6 Heroes escaping. My friend wasn't put off as he loved the game and wanted to play it again immediately (he won the next scenario 46 - 26 off a draw with APOCALYPSE).

Thoughts: I was put off by the art on all 5 Fantastic Four Heroes (the other cards used the standard art from the original game) but it wasn't a deal breaker. Didn't like that "Focus" was the entire focus of this set. I love playing 5 Heroes from the same Team but it looks like I'll have to bust up the Fantastic Four in future games. I guess that's what the designers had in mind after all, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.