• [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll need to go back and watch Arena tonight.

For the life of me, I could not remember if the ship ever appeared on-screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curse my slow internet!

Horray for more ships! Can't wait to see what a Tholian Web does. It better not be some silly discard effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hesse honnolly
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was posted on Wizkids Facebook page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seenemo wrote:
Was posted on Wizkids Facebook page!

Yup, for the past few (2?) years Wizkids has done the 12 days of Clix-Mas with some really cool looks ahead on most of their lines of games, and as noted, posts them on their FB.

Usually, for non-Heroclix lines it's kept to 1-3, so there is a good chance that we might see something else from Attack Wing (or Tactics or Fleet Captains for that matter) during the 12 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleet Captains would be sooo cool. I'll fail to see this on FB, so please, please, if someone of you comes across a Fleet Captains posting, please share it. Even here! It's all Star Trek, you know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Chapes
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The Gorn ship is from the Remastered Version of the episode, Arena, not that you get a very good look at the ship in the episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Sager
United States
Sebastopol
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope these are general releases and not more hard-to-win/buy OP exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Bruun
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RequiemX wrote:
I hope these are general releases and not more hard-to-win/buy OP exclusives.

Sorry to crush your hopes but these are from the Episode Tournament Play events that are occuring right after The Dominon War OP series is done.

Of course, there's the chance they could be released later at retail but considering what we've seen from release waves to come, that might be some time (if ever).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JChapes wrote:
The Gorn ship is from the Remastered Version of the episode, Arena, not that you get a very good look at the ship in the episode.

Yeah, even with the HD remaster it's a very blurry picture. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Gorn_starship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened to the image in the OP?

Here's a closeup of the remastered gorn ship. It was never textured because it was never going to be in a closeup.

the original episode didn't have anything. Too far away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Arena event should require that two captains (preferably Kirk and a Gorn captain, obviously) have to fight it out on a planet token in the middle of the board, similar to the Op 3 ground war. If players do not constantly sing the TOS Fight MusicTM, they lose one attack die each turn they fail to do so. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah. After two turns the Metrons stop the game and have both players fight it out with improvised weapons. The first player to cry for mercy is destroyed, along with his ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
The Arena event should require that two captains (preferably Kirk and a Gorn captain, obviously) have to fight it out on a planet token in the middle of the board, similar to the Op 3 ground war. If players do not constantly sing the TOS Fight MusicTM, they lose one attack die each turn they fail to do so. laugh

That music will definitely be a must for this scenario...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Norris
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Alyksandyr wrote:
Curse my slow internet!

Horray for more ships! Can't wait to see what a Tholian Web does. It better not be some silly discard effect.

Indeed. In all incarnations of it, it stuck around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I imagine the Tholian Web card would be powerful. Probably something akin toBoF. Not sure what they could do with the Gorn ship. But they look cool and it'll be nice to have more TOS era stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
I imagine the Tholian Web card would be powerful. Probably something akin toBoF. Not sure what they could do with the Gorn ship. But they look cool and it'll be nice to have more TOS era stuff.

They could go the SFB route and give them Plasma Torps like the Romulans. I don't think there's much hint to the Gorn tech on screen. They show up in Enterprise apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Both are cool ships and hopefully they look as good in my hand as they appear in the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these guys going to be Independent? I ask because neither Tholian nor Gorn is on the current faction chart. Or are they being added to a current faction? Star Trek Online, for example, puts the Gorn with the Klingon Empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davedujour wrote:

They could go the SFB route and give them Plasma Torps like the Romulans. I don't think there's much hint to the Gorn tech on screen. They show up in Enterprise apparently.

You do see an actual Gorn (in the mirror universe) in Enterprise. It's actually pretty awesome, but you never get to see any of their tech.

Enterprise did actually give us a few good looks at the Tholians, though, including a pretty good look at their actual non-humanoid selves.

I have to say: apart from a few issues I have with the design of the NX-01 (it should have had a ball-shaped primary hull) and the preponderance of too-familiar (and implicitly anachronistic) technology on the show, Enterprise is really the most underrated of all the Trek shows. I'm very much looking forward to seeing more ships from the series in Attack Wing, particularly the Vulcans. Their ships really were beautiful and distinctive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think Scott Bacula was the biggest mistake. I loved him in Quantum Leap but he is no James Kirk and Enterprise was supposed to be set in a time more wild and rougher than Jim's.

Really pisses me off the way they screwed up our franchise like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to finish Enterprise. I only made it a little way into season 2 when it first aired, but this was after watching nearly every episode of TNG, DS9, and Voyager the week it aired. The few I missed I caught during summer reruns. In the era before DVRs, I had no life on Sunday nights.

I'm enjoying Enterprise more now but I think that's because I didn't just survive 7 years of Voyager. While it had the occasional decent episode it was so bad so much of the time. But it's not like Enterprise is very good.

Forgot to add: The whole "temporal cold war" plot bugs the crap out of me. It's stupid, it makes no sense, and I still cringe through the entire episode when it comes up. Super complicated time travel like that just doesn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never given ENT a fair chance when it was on the air here in germany back in the day. As we had no VCR back when TNG, VOY and DS9 aired, I was glued to my parents' TV set most of the time when episodes of those shows were on. When we got older, we started buying into VOY and DS9 with VHS tapes, that myself and 2-3 other guys bought and watched - to improve english and to enjoy new hours of Trek every now and then. Most of the time, this was during the x-mas time of the years. Those VHS had been quite expansive you know

ENT didn't catch my interest, not because of the bashing, but due to the fact that I highly dislike anything that reboots or prequels stuff that I have come to love. I like moving forward, maybe because myself and my thoughts are so often stuck in my personal past.

Anyways, when DVDs came up and became cheaper I set up a huge collection of Star Trek stuff and ordered all seasons of ENT along (UK imports were a charm for a limited period of time, with the EURO being that strong!).

My time with ENT came, when I twisted my ankle badly during sports, and had to remain in bed and later on chained to a couch for some days, maybe even weeks. I needed fresh adventures and I pulled out ENT. Having seen only the first half of Season 1 before that, I was taken aback.

It was a blast watching those adventures. I have to say I really, really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2, while season 3 didn't do it for me. Some interesting stories nevertheless, but some so unlike what Star Trek personnaly is for me, that I usually skip over it in re-runs.
Seasons 1 and 2's comradery of the crew, some story ideas and a somewhat back-to-the-roots approach gave me a very neat, very Star trek watching experience. Closer to TOS than TNG, but that was fitting enough. That said, I started with Season 4. And loved it: Multi-episode story arcs, epic shows about the vulcans and pivotal moments in history? Cool guest stars and awesome supporting characters (Shran!!)... What's not to like?

Would ENT have continued on the course it had taken with season 4, it would have the potential to earn its place amongst the other shows. Season 4 was very good, sometimes brilliant. I am sad, that ENT didn't move on after that. Especially with the Earth-Romulan War on the doorstep. That could have produced a watchable Star Trek series, that due to its SFX and action content would probably have appealed to the masses as well, giving the genre a boost, that might have saved it (and saved it from JJA...).

Oh, to this day, I have not watched the final episode of ENT, therefore, all of the ENT universe is fine by me, as I have spared myself that gruesome ending Smart, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:

Oh, to this day, I have not watched the final episode of ENT, therefore, all of the ENT universe is fine by me, as I have spared myself that gruesome ending Smart, eh?

Didja watch Serenity yet? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.