Popular Tags: [View All]
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I just started playing this game IRL and it runs a bit long for what would be optimal for me and the people I play with.

Here's the idea/question:
Would it be possible to modify the victory conditions to make the game shorter, but still maintain the balance between the three victory options (experience #, 7 glyphs, and villain score pile)?

I'm hoping for constructive input rather than just telling me that it's a terrible idea that will completely unbalance the game. If that's true, feel free to let me know, but I'm looking to *best* balance the game while shortening it a bit.

The only major idea I have is to directly alter the victory conditions to be something along these lines:
1) Earn any 5 glyphs.
2) Earn experience equal to your opponent's team minus their highest point value character.
3) Earn villain score pile points equal to your opponent's team minus their highest point value character.

So again, help me balance these out as best as possible and share your expertise with playing the game hopefully more than my few times! Thank you for reading (and possibly sharing)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forsman
United States
Ely
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how long are your games? The game will naturally speed up when you know the cards and combos... Me & My Wife love the game and most take 30-50 mins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
What madvikingking said...

The problem is that if you change the vc you will drastically change deck construction. Most people already play a skip deck (skip culture, skip science, etc.) and I have occasionally played a double skip deck (for me, I focus on Combat and Initiative only with big point missions of those types). If you lower the VC needed, I think you would always play a double skip deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MadVikingKing wrote:
how long are your games? The game will naturally speed up when you know the cards and combos... Me & My Wife love the game and most take 30-50 mins?

Our games run around 40-60 minutes and I was hoping to get it down to 20-30 minutes. One other note I should have said up front, I have 8 decks put together that I try to make relatively balanced to play with, so I'm not overly concerned with someone abusing the deck-construction sides of things. Are there other concerns rather than trying to "cheat the system" with building the decks? Would it run decently (in theory) if people still played a 3 or 4 mission type decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.