Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still getting used to the game, and now with two investigators, it's going smoother for us.

Question: if both an Ally and a Weapon provide the same skill bonus, do they stack?

For Weapons: from what I understand, when using multiple weapons, I elect one to provide the highest modifier, but can I activate the special ability of each of my weapons during a single Combat Encounter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damean Rendell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pg 11 Reference Guide Tests

He may use one effect that provides a bonus..... If multiple effects provide a bonus, he uses only the highest bonus.

You can however activate any special abilities from as many cards as are applicable ie ones that do not add "+x[skill]" to your dice pool.

Edited for clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astrastriker wrote:
You can however activate any special abilities from as many cards as are applicable ie ones that do not add dice to your dice pool

Just for clarity's sake, you can only use one bonus of the form "+X [Skill]". If, say, you have a weapon that gives +2 [Strength] and are playing Jim Culver, you would add 3 dice to your Strength value, 2 for the weapon and 1 for Jim's passive ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damean Rendell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ripshawd.
I shell edit my post for clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.