Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan Perry
United States
Mount Prospect
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Mephisto v. Sharrash last night and an interesting situation came up with the Quills and Paralysis. My fiance and I came up with a ruling that seemed to make the most sense, but I thought I'd make a post to see what others had to say. She wanted to paralyze my Quill to prevent a hit to her HQ. But since the Quill is technically just extending the HQ's attack, not making the attack itself, we determined that it could not be paralyzed. She did however, manage to paralyze the HQ itself. We decided that must have negated the Quill, because the HQ itself was not making an attack and thus, had no attack to extend.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds right. The quills aren't actually attacking so I'd agree that paralyzing them would have no effect. I see it in the same vein as paralyzing Doomsday Machines Re directors. They aren't the ones actually attacking but they are modifying another unit's attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, precisely.

The Quill doesn't attack on its own, so, even though it can be paralyzed, the paralysis doesn't affect anything.

The HQ does attack and, since the Quill extends the HQ's attacks, paralyzing the HQ makes it unable to make any attacks - doesn't matter if it's the three usual ones, the three additional ones coming from the Paszcza (in Polish) module or the Quill-granted omnitargetable attacks.

To sum up: A paralyzed Mephisto HQ means no attacks at all till the end of the nearest battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.