Subject: Epic Variant in Numenera rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic Antonelli
United States
Altoona
IA - Iowa
flag msg tools
Has anyone tried out Epic Thunderstone with this version? I'm curious if the rules stated in the Thunderstone Advance rule book work well for Epic Numenera, or if one of the versions posted in the forums here would be better.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also looking to see what players who have the game think. Unfortunately, it seems very few people bought this game. So far there is only 1 video.

From what I have seen of the video, it is essentially the same game, so I can't imagine why Epic wouldn't work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All the cards are completely compatible with all other Thunderstone Advance cards. I see no reason not play this with the Epic variant if you prefer that style.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Farrell
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
I tried out a solo epic run last night and had a lot of fun. I personally love the new theme and it was a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sprague
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm new to Thunderstone and Numenera is my first installment of the game.

Played a few regular games by the book before taking the plunge and mixing everything up for epic. It worked great. There were some choices that needed to be made about some of the appropriate stacks many items belonged to and I noticed a particular conspicuous lack of food items in Numenera or strength boosters. It wasn't a great impediment to having a very fun game though.

To address what you said about a lack of activity with this version I noticed that too... but I suspect most relevant information would show up in towers of ruin as it was the first starter set of advance is all. Who knows? Great game though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stapleton
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just been starting to play Thunderstone Advanced and Epic. When people are choosing monsters do you choose them as 10 level 1, 10 level 2, and 10 level 3 (split with the thunderstone barer)? Or do you pick them based on the experience points gained by defeating them? I have seen some epic talk about both.

Also when making the light stack do you just use item - light in that stack? or do you add the weapon - light, spell - light as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.