Popular Tags: [View All]
Sascha Kutzmann
Germany
Krefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the Game and did the crazy thing, punching all the Tokens, Counters and building the 3d-pieces, now i want to know, what is needed from W23 for the KS Experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are not a KS backer, there are 3 sheets that you won't be able to get (2 of the 3 are out of stock anyway). Apart from that, the lapel pins, bag, and blueprint poster if you didn't get one. And Pocket Ogre, which won't be generally available until next year.

Also, you could look at the sponsored counters page (http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/sponsored-counters/) to see other additional items. None of these were included with the KS edition, everyone gets to order them separately. Only some of them are currently available, and none are sold out yet as far as I know.

But really, you have way more than enough to keep you busy in that box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DerKutzi wrote:
I just bought the Game and did the crazy thing, punching all the Tokens, Counters and building the 3d-pieces, now i want to know, what is needed from W23 for the KS Experience?

You'll need:

* Two trips to China.
* Four trips to the northeast.
* More sleepless nights than anyone should ever get.
* Thousands of emails discussing specs, deadlines, and more.
* Hundreds of phone calls (sometimes ten or so in a single day).

Wait. What? Sorry, I misunderstood.

You're talking components?

You want the Kickstarter exclusive sheets. I recommend finding a backer who is friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Gluck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you've heard it plenty of times at this point Phil, but to a guy who bought his first copy of OGRE in 1978 and has owned each of the iterations since (with the exception of the deluxe edition - missed that one somehow), I can't express sufficiently my appreciation for everything SJG has done with ODE. I was showing it off to a buddy of mine last weekend and we both marveled at the degree of engineering that went into every component of the game. It's truly a work of art.

So thank you and everyone at SJG for all of the plane trips, sleepless nights, meetings, and e-mails, and phone calls. The result far surpasses anything I ever expected.

It's also great to see the energized base of old and new players. I hope the follow-on sales through W23 for extras and minis will result in a long tail for the kickstarter project with additional content forthcoming. (and yes, I'm one of those crazy people who's willing to pay $100 for new maps)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
igluck wrote:
I can't express sufficiently my appreciation for everything SJG has done with ODE.

Thank you! Everyone at the office pulled together and worked hard to make the game Steve wanted. It's an added bonus that you (and so many others) are happy with the final game.

It took longer than we expected (or wanted!), but it's in stores and turned out great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Kutzmann
Germany
Krefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was mainly looking for the stuff that has some place in the Garage like the Vulkans etc, so basially the KS exclusive stuff, hope there is a expansion (thinking about it makes my back ache) coming..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dunkle
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a really fun ride. I try to explain to people that whether or not the game itself is your cup of tea, the campaign and the project, from start to finish, was just...neat. It felt like a fun, goofy thing we got to do with Steve and everyone at SJG. It's a ridiculously overblown version of a pretty simple game, and that's what makes it so fun. It's fundamentally silly, and that was acknowledged from the beginning.
I don't know. I always fail at explaining why, but I got an absolute ton of pure joy from this project. I grinned goofily at every "holy crap this is big" update, really appreciated all the effort that went into it, and am very happy to have participated.
It's hilarious and awesome to have this HUGE box here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
igluck wrote:
I'm sure you've heard it plenty of times at this point Phil, but to a guy who bought his first copy of OGRE in 1978 and has owned each of the iterations since (with the exception of the deluxe edition - missed that one somehow), I can't express sufficiently my appreciation for everything SJG has done with ODE. I was showing it off to a buddy of mine last weekend and we both marveled at the degree of engineering that went into every component of the game. It's truly a work of art.

So thank you and everyone at SJG for all of the plane trips, sleepless nights, meetings, and e-mails, and phone calls. The result far surpasses anything I ever expected.

It's also great to see the energized base of old and new players. I hope the follow-on sales through W23 for extras and minis will result in a long tail for the kickstarter project with additional content forthcoming. (and yes, I'm one of those crazy people who's willing to pay $100 for new maps)

+1
Thank you Phil and all the SJG folks for a wonderful product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, this looks awesome. I wasn't able to back it at the time due to medical bills piling up so it looks like I may have to miss out on the Kickstarter stuff. Congrats to all the people that were able to snag it though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
igluck wrote:
I can't express sufficiently my appreciation for everything SJG has done with ODE.

Thank you! Everyone at the office pulled together and worked hard to make the game Steve wanted. It's an added bonus that you (and so many others) are happy with the final game.

It took longer than we expected (or wanted!), but it's in stores and turned out great.

Thank you to everyone at Steve Jackson games. We (I) are very happy with the product for many reason. As for longer that you expected or wanted; I'm always happier to wait for a better product that one severely lacking. You kept us up to date on Kickstaters co-ordinated with extra sponsors; still working on an extra scenario book (I think???).

Very, very pleased.

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The scalping going on on eBay at the moment is bizarre. Sure, I'll TOTALLY pay $300 for the KS exclusive counter sheets! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I just wanted an extra set for backup in case mine got messed up. No way I'm spending that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.