Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

There is a lot of images to choose from out there when trying to put these things together. I am excited about the Spider-Man expansion (yet to be officially named...) and wanted to get a head start on the divider sets.

We know of 4 Heroes at this time and 1 Mastermind. They are:
d10-1 Black Suit Spider-Man
d10-2 Spider-Woman
d10-3 Black Cat
d10-4 Moon Knight
d10-5 Carnage

I've gathered between 4 and 6 images of each character and thought it would be fun to get input from you all which I should use!

Here's the link to the PDF (ignore the white horizontal lines, they are not really there) https://www.dropbox.com/s/hn9tqd6qslgd3w2/BGG%20User%27s%20C...
And here is the Poll: (goes until the end of January)
Poll
Which Black Suit Spider-Man image do you like the best?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
22.9% 8
28.6% 10
5.7% 2
14.3% 5
28.6% 10
Voters 35
Which Black Cat image do you like the best?
22.9% 8
22.9% 8
14.3% 5
17.1% 6
22.9% 8
Voters 35
Which Spider-Woman image do you like the best?
57.1% 20
8.6% 3
2.9% 1
28.6% 10
2.9% 1
Voters 35
Which Moon Knight image do you like the best?
17.1% 6
17.1% 6
22.9% 8
42.9% 15
Voters 35
Which Carnage image do you like the best?
28.6% 10
20.0% 7
14.3% 5
5.7% 2
8.6% 3
22.9% 8
Voters 35
This poll is now closed.   35 answers
Poll created by 1havok12
Closes: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:00 am

Thanks,
1havok12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... I gotta say I thought a few of these were "no-brain-ers" but the ones I thought would be selected are fighting for the right! lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all: I think it's really cool that you are doing this!

And my take on the different Heroes:

For Spidey, it was between 2 and 5 for me, and while I think that 5 is one of the greatest images of the black Spidey suit there are, I think it's too dark for the dividers.

For Black Cat, I went with 2, even though I kinda prefer 1, but her hair and the details on her costume are too blue for me.

For Spider-Woman, my favourite was 1 - it shows her in action, even though her pose is a little awkward, and I feel the colurs are the best of the bunch.

For Moon Knight, 2 - again an action shot, and it isn't quite as Batman-y as 3

Carnage: Number 3, hands down, and not only because I didn't vote for Clayton Crain's Spidey-Image While it's also a little on the dark side, I feel it is the one that makes Carnage look the most like a terrifying alien creature.

My 2 cents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Spidey: 3 (yes, the upside down one cool )

Black Cat: 4 (seduce me Felicia kiss )

Spider-Woman: 1 (absolute no-brainer)

Moon Knight: 4 (1-3 are too dark and Batmany)

Carnage: 1 (he's coming at ya; what the hell is #5 anyways?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Spidey: I went with 1. Nice action shot. Good definition. I like 1, 4, and 5 the best. I don't like 2 at all. 5 is awesome but too dark. 4 would be better upside down and without the spider.

Black Cat: Obviously 2. 1 is too blue, as Knobbly said. 4 is OK. I could live with 4, but I prefer 2.

Spider-Woman: Not a huge fan of any of these, but I went with 1. I agree with Knobbly. It has the best colors and best action shot. Have you seen http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=43... ?

Moon Knight: 2 is awesome! 1 is cool, but his uniform is shredded. 3 is too dark. 4 is too weird and too white. The quintessential Moon Knight artist for me though will always be Bill Sienkiewicz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Black Spidey: I went with 1. Nice action shot. Good definition. I like 1, 4, and 5 the best. I don't like 2 at all. 5 is awesome but too dark. 4 would be better upside down and without the spider.

Black Cat: Obviously 2. 1 is too blue, as Knobbly said. 4 is OK. I could live with 4, but I prefer 2.

Spider-Woman: Not a huge fan of any of these, but I went with 1. I agree with Knobbly. It has the best colors and best action shot. Have you seen http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=43... ?

Moon Knight: 2 is awesome! 1 is cool, but his uniform is shredded. 3 is too dark. 4 is too weird and too white. The quintessential Moon Knight artist for me though will always be Bill Sienkiewicz.

I did see that Spider-Woman image. I typically do not render the images myself, but I just might have too for this one and see if I can lighten up the 5th spider-man image a bit.

If I can do that, I might take the top 2 or 3 for each character from this poll and run a second and final cut.

Currently I am trying to finish a divider set for another user for the BattleCon: Devastation of Indies game. That one is becoming more difficult the more I look at it due to the new-ness of the game and lack of use able art. I should have it finished by the first of the year (due to Holliday's and kids stuff) so I will probably run the final cut in January.

Hopefully we will get some more spoilers for the set by then too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW if you guys play Smash Up or Mage Wars, I put together some dividers for those to. They are not as detailed as the Legendary ones, but I think they came out pretty nice. You can click on my profile to see previews or look under the file section of the games to find the links.

Just an FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.