Subject: Veteran Instinct + Placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Till
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I add Veteran Instincts to a pilot, e.g. Turr, at which "step" do I place him? At 7 as his printed PS or at 9 with his boosted PS.

My reasoning to put him at 7, his original value, would be that the gathered cards are placed on the table after placing the ships and therefore VI would have no effect until then.

What are your thoughts about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Godballe
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Decadence wrote:
If I add Veteran Instincts to a pilot, e.g. Turr, at which "step" do I place him? At 7 as his printed PS or at 9 with his boosted PS.

My reasoning to put him at 7, his original value, would be that the gathered cards are placed on the table after placing the ships and therefore VI would have no effect until then.

What are your thoughts about that?

When you place your ships, they are placed with all of their upgrades. The upgrades are with the ships always. It doesn't matter when you lay down the cards, in fact most do this first, so that the opponent can see the entire opposing squad for placement also.

The wording on Veteran Instincts is this: "Increase your pilot skill value by 2."

So this happens all through the game and FFG has also made a ruling that this increase happens for the entire game (quote: "Veteran Instincts increases a ship’s printed pilot skill value"), only to be overrulen by new effects (damage cards that reduce pilot skill, swarm tactics a.s.o.).

So when you place Turr, he has a printed pilot skill of 9, not 7.

"Q: How does Veteran Instincts work with
other abilities that set a ship’s pilot skill
value to a new number?
A: Veteran Instincts increases a ship’s printed pilot
skill value; it does not increase further alterations
to that ship’s pilot skill value. For example, while
Black Squadron Pilot is equipped with Veteran
Instincts, his pilot skill value is “6.” If Darth Vader
(pilot skill value “9”) uses Swarm Tactics on that
Black Squadron Pilot, that Black Squadron Pilot now
has a pilot skill value of “9,” not “11.”"

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A.
msg tools
mb
Think of it this way. Veteran Instincts is the same as erasing the pilot skill on the card and writing in a number two higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Till
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks. This makes the 9-9-9 way more feasible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Till
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks. This makes the 9-9-9 way more feasible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.