BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Fallout Inspired Game on Imgur rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amanda Swadling
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had this Fallout inspired game pop up in my feed and thought I would share it here

I would throw a lot of money at this game

http://imgur.com/a/9dDQV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I like the roll-n-move type "paths" on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Swadling
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure that I really had much of a feeling about the paths, but I really like the character cards. I've always wondered how you could simplify down the ability scores without losing the core section of the game. But this idea has captured it really well. Plus the game design is nice reflective of the original games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Okulov
Australia
Wurtulla
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I always wondered how a Fallout board game would work. I would have started off with World of WarCraft: The Adventure Game. There are four different levels to level up your character, and similar to this Fallout game, the enemies have items on the other side of the card.

It would also include crafting similar to Zombicide where you would combine different cards to buy a new card. For example, combining a leaf blower with a firehose nozzle to create a rock-it launcher!

Fallout has always been about a lone mercenary so any Fallout board game wouldn't have high player interaction.

I would also love the PnP files for this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon McCool
msg tools
designer
mb
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for posting this, I'm the guy who made it. I also made the Fallout Monopoly - http://imgur.com/a/fwDHK#0 that you may have seen last April, which was what inspired this new game.

For the new one, we're still kind of tweaking the rules a little each time we play to make it more exciting. Originally, the idea was for each player to start with nothing at all, kind of like you do in the Fallout games, and you have to scavenge and find whatever equipment you can to survive at first, then gradually start attacking each other and trying to form a strategy, but that didn't work out so well. Our first play-test, I think it was a good 45 minutes before any of us even found a weapon. So it was basically one guy with a Super Sledge, and the rest of us unarmed and running for our lives...I think one of us may have had a helmet, but that was about it. Needless to say he won. So we've now implemented starting weapons, which has made the beginning of the game much more interesting. Anyway, thanks again! If you want to know any more about it, let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tu
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Love fallout and this game looks great. When do the masses get a print and play version?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.