Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone clarify the eating stage on page 9 please?

It seems pretty confusing the way it is written.

It says "Body parts not needed for upkeep after being cannibalized are stored in your stomach, and can be used to take actions in the next phase of your turn."

Then just below that it says "Continue to consume body parts until your calorie shortfall is covered. Consumed body parts used to pay upkeep are discarded."

Can you clarify when you cannibalize body parts, where do they go? When are they needed for upkeep vs not? That will tell me when they are discarded vs when they go into the stomach.

Also if you defeat a predator and it drops a special body part it says "All body parts gained from predators do not have a calorie upkeep cost." What do you do with these body parts? Can you change out one of yours with it? But it has no upkeep cost?

This is very confusing can you please shed light on these topics?
Thanks
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Rodgers
msg tools
designer
When you Cannibalize a Body Part or Egg, you handle it as you would handle any Prey card. When you lose a Body Part this way, you no longer have to pay for it and you can then put the calories toward supporting the rest of your parts if needed. If you don't end up needing the card's Calorie value to support yourself, you place it in your stomach for later.

Does that help at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that makes it much more clear! I wish it says exactly that in the rules.I was holding off playing this for review until I understood that add it seems to be a major rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.