Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second playing at the Westbank Gamers for this surprisingly entertaining "push your luck" game released by Goldsieber. The
greedy participants were Keith, Lenny, Spouey, Willerd and myself. I described this game in a bit of detail in last week's
report, so those interested can review that article.

I was fortunate to scoop two properties which were close to the high valued and much sought after spaces. This provided a steady stream of income for me. Plus, I managed to finish on the highest space in two of the first three rounds, providing me with even more cash. Willerd was doing well also, but I figured I was ahead of him.

Keith got stuck in the 'vicious cycle' circuit. He kept shooting for the high space, but would just over-shoot the space, landing on a very low valued space. Knowing that if he settled for this low space he would have to fork over huge sums to an opponent, he instead opted to make another circuit around the board in hopes of landing on the top spot. I call this the 'greed' factor. Greed begins to outweigh rational thought and you begin pushing your luck way past the limit. This is usually a recipe for disaster ... and it was for Keith. He went bankrupt quickly, ending the game a bit prematurely.

Finals: Greg 13,200; Willerd 8,200; Spouey 4,400; Lenny 3,200; Keith 0

Ratings: Lenny 8, Greg 7, Keith 7, Spouey 6, Willerd 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.