Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I place an investment marker, do I discard (and pay the excess price on) a tile from the market?

I could have sworn the answer was"yes" but I cannot find it in the rule book.

On the other hand, I cannot find the rule for discarding a tile when I buy a basic tile -- it's in the example but not the rule. So maybe they're in the same place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a rule book in front of me, but yes, you do discard a tile from the market when placing an investment marker...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is in the rule. : D

Both of them is in the page 2.

"After placing an Investment Marker, the player then must take any tile that is face up below the Real
Estate Market (paying only the cost shown above that tile on the Real Estate Market, if any) and dis-card it onto a discard pile."

"After placing a basic tile, the player then must take any tile that is face up below the Real Estate
Market (paying only the cost shown above that tile on the Real Estate Market, if any) and discard it
onto a discard pile."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found it... Not on page 2 but on page 3. It's a little confusing -- as I said, under "Taking a basic tile," it's not in the rule but it's in the example; the rule is listed later separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lindvall
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The market must advance every turn regardless of what action you take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:
I just found it... Not on page 2 but on page 3. It's a little confusing -- as I said, under "Taking a basic tile," it's not in the rule but it's in the example; the rule is listed later separately.

Ahh!

I found the problem now, you game edition is newer than mine.

For my rule book, the answer of your question is stated very clearly there on the page 2 (and it is not the example lol).

However, I found out that the new rule book edition did not state it clearly (and it is bumped to page 3 also).

If you download the old rule book that I provided link down here,
you should be able to clear out all of your doubt. : )

Enjoy gaming!

Old edition rule book link
http://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/92c07uee4k/Suburbia_R...

New edition rule book link
http://boardgamegeek.com/file/download/9jlfspg3w5/Suburbia_R...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.