Popular Tags: [View All]
Timmo Flynno
United States
Croydon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check it out...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001C7617Q/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up. I finally crumbled and bought it (again) last Friday. And now I just requested a price match. Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've never owned Agricola. I have Caverna pre-ordered, though. Should I jump on this or is it just going to be immediately replaced by Caverna? I suppose this is more of a thread for the Caverna or Agricola forums (and prob already exists) but this deal makes it a little more tempting either way... hmmmmm Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
KPac511 wrote:
So I've never owned Agricola. I have Caverna pre-ordered, though. Should I jump on this or is it just going to be immediately replaced by Caverna? I suppose this is more of a thread for the Caverna or Agricola forums (and prob already exists) but this deal makes it a little more tempting either way... hmmmmm Thanks for the heads up!

I have not played Caverna yet, but this game seems much different in a similar kind of way. The cards are from what I can tell the biggest difference between the two. I would watch Rahdo Run Through for both of the games, or at least his summary.

A lot of it is more than likely how much you enjoy this type of game, and how much you enjoy building farms.

My personal experience is Agricola is hard to get to the table with my wife because of the feeding phase. It creates a very tight game, and gives her a bit of anxiety. It seems like Caverna removes that aspect of the anxiety, and opens up a lot more routes for victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon's dynamic pricing this year is pretty crazy. They've been incrementally dropping the prices of multiple games by the day and sometimes by the hour.

I've got Sentinels, KoT Power Up, Seasons, and Eldritch Horror and all of them have dipped in price progressively over the last two days just like 'gric has.

Already ordered Agricola earlier so I'm about to hit Amazon Chat for a credit.

With stacked deals from the last week I've been sitting on getting this for under $30 was just too good to pass up. ($5 off $35 sync / $25 off $75 amex)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Credit applied. $28.69 shipped with tax included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow....amazing price. For that price everyone should pick up a copy if they don't have this already. I have owned this before but gave it to my I laws because they love it more than I do but I just bought myself a copy again. Too good to pass up. That's nearly $10 cheaper than coolstuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Girard
United States
Morrisonville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Evers
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears to be stting at the lowest ever price on Amazon according to the Camel.

I traded Agricola ACBS in the latest math trade. Seeing such a good deal and looking to fill a hole with ACBS shipped out the other day, I bit on the Amazon offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Howell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I liked this game more. I realize it's a great game but my one experience playing it wasn't good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robot romeo
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following Agricola's price on Amazon for months. I never thought it would get below $40. I kind of wanted to wait to see if it will go lower, or if third party sellers would price match, but this is too good to pass up. I just placed my order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I hate about this is I know somebody who has it. After watching Rahdo's video on it, I knew I had to have the Farmers of the Moor expansion as well. The person who owns it doesn't have the expansion. Caverna was sitting there on my wishlist so I could have access to both. Needless to say I caved for the deal and FotM. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Martin
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So apparently this is such a good deal that it made the frontpage of slickdeals. Not bad for a board game thats not Clue/Monopoly/Etc.
http://slickdeals.net/f/6557234-agricola-board-game-38-81-pl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markisanerd wrote:
I wish I liked this game more. I realize it's a great game but my one experience playing it wasn't good.

I rarely write off a game after a single play, especially when so many take at least a few plays to wrap your head around.

That said, there are always those instances where you can just tell it's simply not your type of game. (though even then I'll usually give it a 2nd and 3rd try before passing final judgement)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
markisanerd wrote:

I rarely write off a game after a single play, especially when so many take at least a few plays to wrap your head around.

That said, there are always those instances where you can just tell it's simply not your type of game. (though even then I'll usually give it a 2nd and 3rd try before passing final judgement)

My first experience was completely overwhelming : 3 other players that had played before were a blur of hands over the table while I was struggling to keep track of every little piece!

That being said, I like a deal and it is #3 on BGG chart, so I pulled the trigger anyway!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ToomanyBarts wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
markisanerd wrote:

My first experience was completely overwhelming : 3 other players that had played before were a blur of hands over the table while I was struggling to keep track of every little piece!

That being said, I like a deal and it is #3 on BGG chart, so I pulled the trigger anyway!!

Mentioned frequently as one of the games that is particularly hard for a new player if they're at the table with pros.

Much better to try it with other newcomers and one patient experienced player that is more interested in teaching than crushing everyone else. In the absence of such a kind soul it's worth muddling through the rules yourself (or with the help of tutorial videos) and play with people of equal inexperience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.