Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm forced to confess that, just reading the English rules, I don't quite understand the exchanging cards rule in OT.

In the Reinforcements phase (when you draw extra card(s) from the Things Deck), the rules say:

Quote:
During this step, the player in turn can exchange cards with the others. Players can exchange only the cards still in their hand. Cards already on the table and Money Cards cannot be exchanged. Each card must be exchanged for another single card: gifts are not permitted.

I'm not too sure how this is supposed to work.

To have a first stab at it:

1. It sounds as if this must be by agreement, rather than me deciding to swap a card that I don't want for a card held by another player, irrespective of what they want. True?

2. I'm also thinking that all this must be fully known by everyone - so that, rather than the turn player picking a random card from another player, both players (in fact all players) will know the cards involved.

Therefore, maybe the turn player says something like "I have a Bishop card I'm not wanting - would anyone swap me a Militia or a Catapult for it?". Is that how people play this, or see it happening? Or something else?

Thanks for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct 100%. Maybe "trade" would be better than "exchange" in the English version of the rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks very much for the clarification Andrea!

And thanks also for clearing up the (non-)status of the Expansion for this game. A great pity though - I hope someone picks it up from you and produces it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too...

One detail: I have once seen a person trading cards, agreing on which to exchange and then... give a face down card that was not the one promised. Actually the rules did not really forbid that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.