Popular Tags: [View All]
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks,

how do you treat the little interconnection pieces used to join 2 map pieces or close rooms?

Do you consider them as belonging to the main tile or as a separate one?

Am I asking as the different interpretation might influence the initial monster setup as you might place a monster one space closer (or farther) to heroes, objective tokens etc. which can be particularly useful on quests where speed or right position is all you need.

Unfortunately I cannot attach images as the server is still down, however if you scroll the various quest books you find numerous situation where it might be convenient to have monster more distant or closer to given spaces at the beginning of the encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
KD:M!!!!!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I treat them as separate tiles.
I don't have proof that this is the correct way to treat them, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
They are separate tiles because they are separate tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is the question like in First Blood scenario that the OL is setting goblins into the Garden Tile. Does the definition of the Garden Tile extend to the point of interlock or is it just the center square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specific tiles are labeled. The Wild Garden in First Blood's case is tile 26A, the entire piece up to its edges and connecting points, but not any tile that connects to it, large or small. The un-numbered "caps" and "connectors" don't count. So in First Blood, you'd be able to place your starting goblins and any reinforcements anywhere on these 10 spaces:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks everybody.

Yes Steven that was my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.