Subject: A simple and straight to the point review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MARIOS CHRISTAKIS
Greece
KASTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many reviews about it but I wanted to write my opinion though a review and not only comment it.

Fortune and glory is a really nice adventure game with nice things to do as a gameplay and with many different elements inside it.
I really enjoy that it is so easy to learn, so, it is easy from a light gamer view but at the same time if you get into it can satisfy and the hard-mature gamer and this is something that not so many games has achieved.

One more important thing, it can play as a solo experience, competitive,cooperative or team play! ...and it is at the same high level at all the playing styles! REALLY IMPORTANT and thumbs up up up ....for it.

One friend of me said that is really luck-based game but because I have play it many times I can say that you can control the bad situations if you know what to do but at the end, this is an adventure and cliffhanger game that it has to have some dice fun-luck that I believe is well balanced and not frustrating.

You can read the rules about the details or other reviews about villains, events, cities, gears and allies, e.t.c.
As a box, it has great insert and many things inside it at high quality. Tokens and tokens (even for next-expansion purposes), coins, miniatures at the same style with runebound (good detail) and many-many cards.
The board is a piece of art (at least for me) because its nice artwork and colors and for game purposes design.
The artwork of all the cards are movie like photos (as the other flying frog games, if you know...) from the flying frog itself.GREAT!

Two things only for the end of the review:
I should prefer a mechanic for the dangers that you have to pass, a mechanic that may match better the first danger with the second one e.t.c. to achieve your goal to the end of the artifact that you try to collect. It is nice and simple now as it is but if the design team made something better with it like linked-theme based dangers it should be better. Now you can fly an airplane and then you can see yourself in a cave try to unlock a strange mechanism ?!?
And at last about rulebook, I have read that some people had problems with that, yes, you have to find some answers at bgg for questions that may have BUT if you read carefully that rules and try the game 2-3 times you will find your answers AND I think that the rulebook design is really good because it has to cover many gameplay ways (solo, cooperative e.t.c.) and for that reason it has some pages here and not there.... but I believe that is well thinking designed.

So, happy gaming with one of the BEST adventure-fun games that can play from 1-2 hours with high tense from the first rounds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Yes fag i a good game. Only complain if the too big box so cannot move it when i travel to another city. But i bought Eldrtich Horror and is perfect for that.

I have crimson hand expansion and this is really make a game harder.
Really cool about FAG is a team play….. really like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARIOS CHRISTAKIS
Greece
KASTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I didn't bought any expansion for FAG , I think I will keep it as it is.

I love arkham horror and more Mansions Of Madness (except some minor problems) and I didn't thought about eldritch horror because I believe that it has some same things like FAG and I don't like to have games with same spots. Do you believe that there is a TRUE reason to have both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Yes fag i a good game. Only complain if the too big box so cannot move it when i travel to another city.

I usually take FANG on holiday but it does effectively take up two game slot spaces in the car. This year we are sharing a house with the in-law so I'll have to leave it at home. But I'll have Firefly to replace it (a much smaller box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ciyrvr wrote:
One more important thing, it can play as a solo experience, competitive,cooperative or team play! ...and it is at the same high level at all the playing styles! REALLY IMPORTANT and thumbs up up up ....for it.

Truly, this is what is going to make me buy it.

ciyrvr wrote:
One friend of me said that is really luck-based game but because I have play it many times I can say that you can control the bad situations if you know what to do but at the end, this is an adventure and cliffhanger game that it has to have some dice fun-luck that I believe is well balanced and not frustrating.

This sounds like some people's complaint about Talisman, and we ADORE that game, and I agree; there *is* a lot of manageability to the "luck"!

Thanks for the review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MARIOS CHRISTAKIS
Greece
KASTORIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
No, problem, I like to share my opinion and read others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.