Subject: Four Tribes Print & Play available now for Free rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I would share the PnP files for our upcoming game Four Tribes. This is a two player game where players face off to gain the favor of the Northern Tribes. This is done by supplying much needed provisions during a time a famine. At the same time you are at war with the opposing player. Nice mix of Strategy, Tactics, and Luck. Both players have identical decks so their is good balance. Fans of Lost Cities, Balloon Cup, and Battle Line should enjoy this game.

http://greygnome.com/pdf-downloads/

There is a guide as to how to put the PnP together. I am curious to hear how play goes and if the PnP is easy to produce. This will be a KS that will launch on January 7th. This exact PnP will be free to download there as well, but I would like to make sure it is in order. Thanks and Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have had a bunch of downloads already and someone has send in a picture! Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreyGnome wrote:
http://greygnome.com/pdf-downloads/

There is a guide as to how to put the PnP together. I am curious to hear how play goes and if the PnP is easy to produce. This will be a KS that will launch on January 7th.

Perhaps combine all these into a single zipped file for easy download; and please add file sizes next to each file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
GreyGnome wrote:
There is a guide as to how to put the PnP together. I am curious to hear how play goes and if the PnP is easy to produce. This will be a KS that will launch on January 7th. This exact PnP will be free to download there as well, but I would like to make sure it is in order. Thanks and Enjoy!

Jason, you should link to the Four Tribes game page so that folks can get background on the game and know whether they want to take on this project.

Also, I'd RECOMMEND AGAINST USING ALL CAP TEXT ON THE CARDS AS IT'S HARDER TO READ than mixed case text. If you do want to use all caps, then I'd add icons to represent the text so that people can more easily recall what the special cards do without having to read them each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric!

I added a link to the games page as you advised.

In regards to the text on the cards. There are only 5 special cards with text and their functions are not very complicated. Blind play-testing showed that people learned what each card did quickly. Also, there functions sort of match the image on the card, therefore the image itself works as an icon.

Thank again for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.