tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I thought about doing laser engraved stone tiles for a custom copy of Escape: The Curse of the Temple. The stone tiles I found were pretty thick and heavy. In addition, only the front side was cut nicely. The rear faces were really roughly cut, so I decided it wouldn't be worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Calka
United States
Holland
OTTAWA-MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I currently use Hirst Arts blocks, but haven't found real stone cheap enough where I'd use it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xphile wrote:
Nope. I currently use Hirst Arts blocks, but haven't found real stone cheap enough where I'd use it yet.

Someone would pay? I've got real stone all around my house. Weathered even. And free for the picking.

Dang! I've also got to get started on those "tree fall" packs made from twigs I usually just burn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
I had never considered using actual tile. Not too bad at around $10 per square foot (121-144 tiles). You could get a few rooms and corridors out of it, cheaper than casting using Hirst molds if you only want a small and simple dungeon.

Found this:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/MS-International-1-in-x-1-in-Mixe...

and this:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/MS-International-Horizon-12-in-x-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a discount tile/flooring store in your area, a box of the backslash tile is pretty reasonable and you could create a decent size modular dungeon from one box of tiles. Weight could be an issue if you plan on taking it to and from the gaming store or events, but if you're just setting it up at home it wouldn't be too bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Top
Australia
Gippsland
flag msg tools
mb
Not a dungeon per se, but my games club owns a Blood Bowl pitch made up fo 1 inch square stone mosaic tiles which one of the members, who worked for a whole sale hardware place at the time, got cheap. It weighs a ton, but it looks fantastic. Being made up of individual tiles means I cannot comment on the laser-etching of stone idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puddingwrestler wrote:
Not a dungeon per se, but my games club owns a Blood Bowl pitch made up fo 1 inch square stone mosaic tiles which one of the members, who worked for a whole sale hardware place at the time, got cheap. It weighs a ton, but it looks fantastic. Being made up of individual tiles means I cannot comment on the laser-etching of stone idea.

That's a cool idea! I've been trying to come up with a good way to do a non-cardboard DungeonBowl board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Loose
Netherlands
Veulen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found some unused blueish bathroom tiles (around 2x2 cm in size) which i used for a home made game me and a friend thought up and created (Castle Defence :chalice.

I kept the blue color for the water tiles and painted the rest to match the scenery
The main benifit i had in mind was to have clearly visible squares without having to draw lines

Here still a work in progress:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Hirst Arts stuff. Real stone is very heavy; it's bad enough carrying a box of plaster dungeon tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.