27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Art and Graphic Design

Subject: My Room Mate's New Werewolf Card Designs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Froncioni
msg tools
Here is what she did. Spent a couple of months on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
ATX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, very cool!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would she share them with us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastián Koziner
Argentina
Capital Federal
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
OK Art Studio - www.okartstudio.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It worths a kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Froncioni
msg tools
Kickstarter -- really? Do you think people would buy a full set (with all different villagers, werewolves, cupids, and seers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Froncioni
msg tools
Share them how? You mean the image files?

She's hoping to sell a few sets. Is that something you think will work? We really know nothing about this.

She would like to find a way to fund the creation of a full set with all different cards. And then get them printed up perfectly. But we're pretty green at this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just have a look at mini productions like Coin Age!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
AndyFroncioni wrote:
Kickstarter -- really? Do you think people would buy a full set (with all different villagers, werewolves, cupids, and seers?

If she does it for One Night Ultimate Werewolf I would.

Very cool art! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely back it at kickstarter. Let us know if she goes the route of selling the sets herself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Froncioni
msg tools
Ok, she'll be getting a Kickstarter project going soon. Stay tuned!

(And thanks for the great feedback!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jenniforia don
msg tools
He there!

First of all, thanks to my roommate for posting these pics, and for all of your feedback. I'd had to put this werewolf project aside, but am now aiming to launch my Kickstarter campaign by the begining of October... I have some sketches of new characters (the Doctor, the Child and the Witch), and am currently putting together a pitch video... Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated... This is my first time on BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a warning, you might want to show these to players before you play. Or else they might comment on the card art and give away their role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jenniforia don
msg tools
Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. It really bothers me how villager is broken. Why not run it up the side like werewolf? Just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are very nice. Please convince your friend to go with a quality linen cardstock and to add more designs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jenniforia don
msg tools
Thanks... I am looking to have this produced on high quality stock! I may also share some rough sketches of some other characters I'm working on....
Stay tuned for the Doctor, the Child and the Witch!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jenniforia don
msg tools
I had actually polled some friends on this matter (chopped up "villa" and "ger")... Most seemed fine with it. I tried it running the length of the card (as I did with the Werewolf) but it didn't work well, composition-wise. May be revisited though... :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jenniforia wrote:
I tried it running the length of the card (as I did with the Werewolf) but it didn't work well, composition-wise. May be revisited though... :-)

I would advise either having all of the labels vertical or all of them horizontal, to avoid any information being given away by people who instinctively rotate the card to read it.

If you've ever played Lords of Waterdeep you'll be familiar with how easy it can be to notice when an opponent has picked up a Mandatory Quest card from the Intrigue deck, because those cards have a face printed at 90 degrees from the rest, meaning people often subconsciously rotate the card or their head to read them properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jenniforia don
msg tools
Hmmm, never thought of that... Thanks for the tip :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of companies in the USA that can make quality decks of cards at a good price depending on how many you order. I would say go with a company that carries a quality cardstock and can sell you packs cheaply if you get enough orders. I can point you in one direction if you'd like. I really hope you price these well when you go on kickstarter. A lot of people sell their decks for like $10 to $12 with shipping included. I would definitely shoot for $10 or less which is very reasonable for the buyer and you. If you get more designs and can get the kickstarter price at $8 with shipping included that would be amazing and I'd bet you'd get a large number of backers. If you get enough backers, you could have these printed at a really low price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jenniforia don
msg tools
Wow... That will be a bit challenging, no? I'm not only aiming to print full color on quality stock, but I need to have some kind of packaging manufactured as well... I was thinking of some kind of neoprene zip case... Still researching. But $8.00 or $10.00 might not be enough to cover it. Unless, I get a LOT of interest in the cards...

Anything is possible though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh it definitely should be enough. You have to decide if you are going to shoot for a lot of backers at a low price or a few at a high price. Or somewhere in between. Here is a link to a company that makes cards. You can see that if you get enough orders you can get the cost down to less than $2 a pack for a medium grade quality with the box included....if you get a LOT Of interest. Figure $2 for shipping...$3 at most and your making $3 profit per pack. Thats if you only ask $$8 per pack. If you ask $10 you should have no trouble producing the cards and making a profit. Like I said though, it would take a lot of orders but if you have enough designs, you could get the orders. You have a great art style that is attractive.

Link:

http://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/custom-blank-card.htm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
jenniforia wrote:
I had actually polled some friends on this matter (chopped up "villa" and "ger")... Most seemed fine with it. I tried it running the length of the card (as I did with the Werewolf) but it didn't work well, composition-wise. May be revisited though... :-)

there's enough room to run it straight across the bottom on both. I agree it looks cool, but it reads weird. ultimately it's your deck, do what you want! I think they're lovely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Froncioni
msg tools
Jenny's KickStarter is up and running now, in case anyone wants to back it. It's right here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1159932616/werewolf-dys...

Thanks so much for all the great comments and advice, folks! This place is amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.