Subject: Amazon Frustration Free Packaging for board games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lam
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
I'm familiar with what Amazon's frustration free packaging would mean if I bought an SD card, or some other similar product. But I've also noticed they offer frustration free packaging for some board games. What would that entail? Has anyone actually ever purchased frustration free packaging in a board game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You get the opposite of a Cheapass Games game... A ton of random wood bits and three or four boards rattling around in a plain cardboard box.

I'm actually curious now too. I order most of my games from Amazon and don't think I've ever seen this attached to a game. Do you have am example?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the Frustration free packaging is another way of saying "Pre Played" or "Opened and returned"

I have gotten a bunch of stuff "frustration Free Packaging" All the stuff I have ordered is great for that.

Boardgames just do not seem right for that. Anything I have ever ordered in Frustration free packaging usually contains only "1" piece that I can think of ( I may be mistaken).

I can only think of something like a GMT Zip Lock bag game or something like that. I can only imagine getting something like twilight Imperium in a big plastic sack with all the pieces loose soblue that would suck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lam
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
I actually can't remember which game I saw this on, but I know I have seen it for some board games.

Perhaps pepperhead hit it on the 'head' with 'opened and returned' or 'pre played'. Or maybe if the plastic is super ripped and its hard to claim it looks like new in box.

For other items, I'm sure they just order in bulk and ship them out in their own packaging (ie, cardboard box). But for the games I was confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be that your game is put into a cardboard box that's just big enough for your game w/o any sort of packing material. I know that some things it's basically the retail package w/ your address on it for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
bjjarm wrote:
I actually can't remember which game I saw this on, but I know I have seen it for some board games.

Settlers of Catan and Pandemic are both available on Amazon with Frustration Free Packaging as an option.

http://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-ZMG-71100-Pandemic-Pandemi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad halstead
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've sent a message to some mods on a special help forum member thread at amazon so if I get a response I'll post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Vista
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coopasonic wrote:
bjjarm wrote:

Settlers of Catan and Pandemic are both available on Amazon with Frustration Free Packaging as an option.

http://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-ZMG-71100-Pandemic-Pandemi...

I clicked the link, it says, "Product Packaging: Standard Packaging."

I don't think this will ever happen--how hard is it to open a shrink wrapped card board box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.