Ship 2: IKS Koraga (Klingon) 26pts
Captain: Jean Luc Picard - Skill 9 (Federation) 7pts
Elite: Conditional Surrender (Independant) 4pts
Tech Upgrade: Advanced Weapon System (Klingon) 5pts
Crew Upgrade: Drex (Klingon) 4 pts
Total: 46pts

Admirals Orders: Strike Force - 5 Points

Build Total: 100pts

So I end up with 2 cloaked ships with 5/4 attack 5/6 evade. When these ships shoot, Advanced Weapon System keeps them cloaked, and each turn I can take the action to turn the system back on, and still take an action from the captains, and have a battle station effect up and/or battle stations on each ship. The firing solution on the Koranak should also help take care of being down one ship on average as well assuming the two ships can't eat someone before that's an issue.

I would love some input here, see if I missed anything since this will be only my second month in the OP setting and I want to make sure this one goes better than my 3rd place last go around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice build. Don't forget as well as the ship actions and the free actions from the Captains you get another action from the Strike Force order.

Unfortunately, if you're cloaked all the time you lose the extra die from part 2 of the strike force order. Though once you have taken some damage and de-cloak to take advantage of your shields you'll get this back.

Taking this in mind, therefore, I might change just 1 thing, Drex.

Hopefully you'll be able to stay cloaked for most of the game and, if you do so, only 1 action each ship can be used for re-enabling the Advanced Weapon System.

While you can do this you then don't have the action to use Drex since the Captain's specify which action can be taken and the free action from the Strike Force has to come from the Ship's action bar.

This means that he would only be able to be used once at the start and then once you de-cloak, if he hasn't been dis-carded to stop an attack using Conditional Surrender.

This frees up 4 points, I would be tempted to take Stex at 2 points to have a chance to prevent anyone from using Miles O'Brian to disable an upgrade on the Koraga and Kerla at 2 points who gives a buff to defence at range 1. Both are passive so don't take actions to use and even if you have to chuck both for the Conditional surrender it's still only the same 4 points as Drex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Austin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
See, I agree with Drex being iffy here, the thing with him is the actions the Koraga gets each turn.

1 Ship, 2 Picard, 3 Strike Force.
I guess the real question on this is going to be effectiveness of strike force, and obviously this is the first time I'll be messing with this card so, in theory:

Move Ship, Drex (ship), Scan (Picard), Cloak (Strike Force)

Then

Move Ship, Enable Drex (Ship), Battle Stations (Picard), Cloak (Strike Force)

Thinking about it this way, does this ship need the advanced weapon system, assuming that I am understanding how all this interacts correctly I don't think I do actually. Taking it off the Koraga nets me 5pts, and the use of my elite attack die resource too, which would add more shenanigans. If I'm not understanding the Strike Force and how all these interactions work though, yeah, he's not worth quite as much to my fleet as I originally gave him credit for, and -should- be replaced with better crew since at this point, even Alexander would be a better call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you re-read the battle force orders.

1) Once during each activation phase, one of your ships may perform one action on its action bar as a free action.

Action: enable advanced weapons system.
Captain: battle stations.(you can use it offensively or defensively)
Bonus action(on picard ship): Target lock (if available)

You will not need Drex. Replace Drex with the Romulan Tactical Officer. That way you get an extra re-roll off your target lock when you have the opportunity to use it.

To answer your question Grant:
Advanced weapons systems allows him to shoot without needing to de-cloak. This means that he can not be target locked on subsequent turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.