Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. At the start of the game randomly pick one card from the deck.
2. Flip the card around, and slide it back in the deck (somewhere in the middle).
3. When you access this card during the draw phase, just put the card aside and finish dealing the cards first.
4. Then carry out scoring.
5. Shuffle the card to the rest of the deck and carry on with the game.

You can do this with more than one card, you just have to find a way to put the marker cards back. Or don't put them back at all .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an interesting idea. However, I'd suggest finishing card draw before you begin scoring (it would be troublesome to remember that player number two has drawn only 3 out of 6 cards, because the scoring itself is absorbing). Another problem problem is the fact, that there are many cards with duplicates. To solve it, I propose two solutions:

1) put the card upside down in the deck
2) use a card from another game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaroslav, i am glad you like it. Yes that is what i mean - finish the drawing first and then do the scoring.
Also, by saying "flip it" i mean rotate the card so it has the "lizard side" at the bottom and the "text side" at the top, and then insert it back to the deck - so when you deal the cards this card will come with its "text side" up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you who have not yet heard, North Star Games has the rights to this game, and has released an updated version that solves most of the problems that people have discussed. And the new art is fantastic!

It is currently on Kickstarter, but the campaign ends tonight at midnight.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1923120194/evolution-0?...

The campaign has $117,000 of pledges, which means that all of the great stretch goals have been unlocked. You should check it out to see if you are interested. Cheers!

Stretch Goals Unlocked:

- 5 limited edition high quality coasters with Evolution art ($10 value)

- 1 trait (7 cards) that will be released in a future expansion. This trait is fully compatible with the base set and features exclusive limited edition art by John Ariosa (Mice & Mystics, Summoner Wars, etc). So when this card is released in a future expansion, it will have different art.

- A huge limited edition 3.5 inch x 5 inch miniature of the Long Neck creature to be used as an alternative start player token.

- 6 limited edition Species Boards by John Ariosa which can be used as the starting species in a 6-player game.

- A PDF of the PnP files.[/b]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.