Hide
12 Posts

Romolo o Remo?» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solitaire Play : IA Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itsvan N
msg tools
I still don't understand totally the rules of movement of the IA units.

The rules state :
1- adjacent hex with a lower defense value (does it include Defense Value of 0?)
2- empty adjacent hexagone in direction of player's Capital.

but
The FAQ states that the IA Units always move in direction of the player's capital.

I don't really understand how to combine that. As I started the game (without having read the FAQ 1.2), I used this rule : adjacent hex with a lower defense value which makes the IA movement extremely randomly, since at the beginning, all adjacent hexagones to IA Capital are usually empty, and therefore with a lower defense value.

So, often, the IA units were stepping backwards (the two hexagones behind their capital).

Now, the FAQ solves partially this problem since the IA units move only towards the player capital.

But that would mean that the IA will always move through the same 1 or 2 hexagones (to reach the player's capital) and will ignore all the rest of the map, right?

I don't really get it. Would please explain that to me? I'd be very thankful!

Best,
F.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure to understand, anyway:

1. Check if in the A.I. Hex are player Units. If so, A.I. Units attack them (or retreat if opponent is stronger, see later).
2. If option 1 is not available, check if there are Buildings. If so, Units attack them.
3. If option 1 and 2 are not available, check if there is an adjacent Hex with player Units with a lower Defence value. If so, they move there.
4. If option 1, 2, and 3 are not possible, check if there is an adjacent Hex without Units in the direction of the player’s Capital. If so, they move there.
5. If option 1, 2, 3 and 4 are not available, A.I. Units stay put.

I hope it helps

Ciao
Michele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itsvan N
msg tools
Sorry if I was unclear. It actually helps a lot and answers to my question.

Because at the beginning, I considered that this rule (1- adjacent hex with a lower defense value) was also for the hex which were empty. (Since a empty hex has a defense value of 0, and consequently lower). That was bringing some absurd situations.
And somehow the french FAQ 1.2 doesn't make it more clear...

Thanks a lot for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
you welcome :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe DS
France
Evry
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,
1- when the AI units attack, i can choose at the start of the game if i use the game die or the virtual die tokens, right ?
2- If the results is "Retreat", the player can choose to retreat. But, for the AI units, is it mandatory ? Or can I roll a die to determinate if the AI units retreat ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do as you prefer, also if only dice would be better I think

Use a die to determine retreat can work also, but simply check what is better for AI is more correct.

Ciao!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe DS
France
Evry
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe DS
France
Evry
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

First question :

I am in this configuration :

It's the AI turn. My 2 units are soldiers (AV = 6). The 3 AI units have AV = 6.

I follow the rule :

1. Check if in the A.I. Hex are player Units. If so, A.I. Units attack them (or retreat if opponent is stronger, see later).
-> No player units so I read the next point.

2. If option 1 is not available, check if there are Buildings. If so, Units attack them.
-> No buildings so next point.

3. If option 1 and 2 are not available, check if there is an adjacent Hex with player Units with a lower Defence value. If so, they move there.
-> There is one adjacent hex but the DV isn't lower. The others adjacents Hex are empty so I have to read the next point, right ?

4. If option 1, 2, and 3 are not possible, check if there is an adjacent Hex without Units in the direction of the player’s Capital. If so, they move there.
-> There are 2 adjacents Hex without units but there aren't in the direction of the player's capital. So, next point.

5. If option 1, 2, 3 and 4 are not available, A.I. Units stay put.

If I have understood, with my units, I can block the IA units because my DV is sufficient. Am I playing well ?

Second question : (an other configuration)
My soldiers have 2 moves. And the AI units ? Let's suppose I have checked the 5 points of the rule and the units moved one Hex.
I have to ckeck the 5 points an other time for the second move ?
After the first move, if there are player units, do AI units attack ? Or I have to wait for the next AI turn and to follow the point 1 ?

Thank you for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
good example :-)

No, direction of player capital means that the "front" (3 hexes) of units in on the way of the capital. Sorry, that should be explained better.
So in your example AI units moves or your left or on your right.

For the second question, they act as normal units.
So they move by 1 and, if there is an objective, they attack. Or they move by 2 and stop, as they cannot attack after a 2 movements.

ciao!
michele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe DS
France
Evry
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok. Now, it's clear. I have to prepare my defense in an other way.
Thank you.

Very good game. I like Gladiatori too :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cana yy
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"4. If option 1, 2, and 3 are not possible, check if there is an adjacent Hex without Units in the direction of the player’s Capital. If so, they move there."

The term "without Units" include AI units or not?
What if there are 2 groups of AI units: Group A is 2 (CV4), Group B is 3 (CV6).

Group B stay put just in front of my Capital.
Will group A move to group B and Gather Army together?
or just stay behind Group B?

Also,
If Group A has two choice:
1. Gathering army with Group B (which is stay in the front hex of my capital.
2. An empty hex in the direction of my capital.

How with Group A move?

Tks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
4. If option 1, 2, and 3 are not possible, check if there is an adjacent Hex without opponent Units in the direction of the player’s Capital. If so, they move there.

In your example group A and B merge in a single group.

If Group A has two choice:
1. Gathering army with Group B (which is stay in the front hex of my capital.
2. An empty hex in the direction of my capital.

How with Group A move?

They will move in the direction of your capital. If doing so there is another group they will merge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.