Subject: How to play the game with less/more players than four? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

just read through the rules... Most seems clear to me but I don't understand, how to play the game with less/more players than four?

The miscellaneous rules explain how the game is played with less/more than four players, but I don't understand them.

So if I'm playing with 2 players, is one player 'the team' and the other player a player? If so, the changes in the rules only 'the team'?

And does the same applies if playing with the other player counts?

Would be great if someone can explain the rules in his/her own words...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kendall
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Ingo
Thanks for your question - I'll try to expand the instructions as found in 'Miscellaneous' in the Rules.
If you are playing the 4-player game then there are two teams of 2-players and the rules found in the pre-Miscellaneous section will apply (I think you have understood this).
If only 1-player is to play the Heathens (or the Hebrews), then we have called this a 'team of 1'. I know strictly speaking it isn't therefore a 'team' but we have tried to unify the concepts and the changes that go with them.
In a 2-player game you would have 1 player (team) playing the Heathen and 1 player (team) playing the Hebrews. The rule changes for 'Team of 1 player' in the Miscellaneous section will now apply to both players.
In a 3-player game you would either have 1 player (team) playing the Heathen and 2 players (team) playing the Hebrews or 2 players (team) playing the Heathen and 1 player (team) playing the Hebrews. The rule changes for 'Team of 1 player' in the Miscellaneous section will now apply to the 1-player (team), whereas the 2-players (team) will use the rules found in the pre-Miscellaneous section.
In a 5-player game you would either have 2 players (team) playing the Heathen and 3 players (team) playing the Hebrews or 3 players (team) playing the Heathen and 2 players (team) playing the Hebrews. The rule changes for 'Team of 3 players' in the Miscellaneous section will now apply to the 3-players (team), whereas the 2-players (team) will use the rules found in the pre-Miscellaneous section.
If you are playing the 6-player game then there are two teams of 3-players and the rules found in the Miscellaneous section will apply.

Hope this helps
Regards
Steve K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, Steven. Now I understand...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.