Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Nissen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looking for a boardgame that a person that has learning as well as some minor physical handicaps. He loves sequence. I think what sequence had to offer is a fun looking board that is interesting but also familiar as it is a grid of regular playing cards. Also, the game mechanism is very simple, but there are also some small strategies that can be used, i.e. hand management, or they can be ignored and the game can still be enjoyed. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Cities: The Board Game involves playing cards of different colors in sequence to move adventurers along a path. The farther you move each adventurer, the more points you score. There are also little artifacts you can pick up along the path.

Another game that may be of interest is Qwirkle. It involves matching up tiles by color or shape. The more matches you make, the more points you score.

If he has a learning disability, he may need help keeping score in both of the above titles, but the gameplay in each is quite simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are tons of easy board games, often called "fillers". As I understand it, your basic criterias are:
- easy gameplay
- nice looking components
- not too small/fiddly components

How many players will join him?? Will he play it solo, too?

I´d start anyway, by mentioning
6 nimmt!, Sorry!,...

Maybe take a look at the recommendations based on Sequence! Even among the weak rec. there seem to be some relevant ones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nissen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:

- easy gameplay
- nice looking components
- not too fiddly

Thank you, above these I am considering his challenges. I understand the idea of a filler game,but am looking for a more specific recommendation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nissen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
[/q]

If he has a learning disability, he may need help keeping score in both of the above titles, but the gameplay in each is quite simple.[/q]

Good recommendations this may be a deal breaker, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harveymcglenn wrote:

Good recommendations this may be a deal breaker, though.

In Lost Cities the Board Game, you earn tokens with poins on them. You just add them up at the end of the game. You have a general idea of how well you are doing by how many tokens you have. But he may just need someone to help him add at the end.

I can think of one other game that might work:

Ingenious

Ingenious is basically hexagonal dominoes that requires you to match up colors to score. That game would be fairly easy to keep track of your score: your score is simply how far your weakest color has advanced. Very simple gameplay. It requires just a bit of spatial reasoning about on the same level of complexity as Sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Neddie Knickers
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
BRRRD EMPR-RR
mbmbmbmbmb
Blockers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.