Hide
3 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deadpool Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Woodard
msg tools
Can't remember the name of the card, but its ability is that if the card was the first hero played, then I may choose to discard the rest of my hand and draw 4 cards.

Now, does this mean that when I play this card that I have to choose 'immediately' to discard the rest of my hand if/when it's my first hero card played?

Or as I'm reading it, and argued for during a game, is: that I have the option to do this later if it was my first hero played. Is that incorrect?

Scenario I used: Play card for attack points, stack other attack points, then use its ability to discard the rest of my hand, and draw 4 cards.

After reading the rules, I see that you do what the card says first, but some cards "break the rules" as well. It may be semantics. The "was" is confusing me, because it leads me to assume that I would have played heroes after this card without activating its ability and then have the option later.

Or, I'm just WAY overthinking this... and/or don't understand language properly

New to the game, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play a card you have to activate its abilities immediately before moving on and playing a new card.

So If you play "gimmie a do over" (I think that is what it is called.) You immediately activate it and resolve its effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Mike said. The only cards that break that use the wording "Whenever X happens this turn, do Y" - These cards give you an ability for the rest of your turn. However, they only come with the expansions. For all other cards, you have to make all decisions at the moment you are playing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.