Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Played my first 5 player game today. Didn't like it as much as 3 or 4 players. Too chaotic and the "traffic jams" are horrendous - unless you play with increased stacking above 7000 m, in which case it becomes too open.

So my judgement is:

Absolutely perfect game with 3-4 players. Not very good with 5.

Your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traffic jams per se don't bother me; they seem part of the game.

Certainly the more players, the more multi-player chaos inhibiting strategy (as in almost all interactive games - I don't see this as being anything unusual about K2 in particular).

I still like it with 5, but I agree that it is more "serious/strategic" with fewer players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bunyan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Traffic jams per se don't bother me; they seem part of the game.

Certainly the more players, the more multi-player chaos inhibiting strategy (as in almost all interactive games - I don't see this as being anything unusual about K2 in particular).

I still like it with 5, but I agree that it is more "serious/strategic" with fewer players.

There is the addition of having to plan your moves to take into account end-game turn order. Knowing you'll be on the wrong end of some blocking might require an earlier ascent.

I agree it is more chaotic, though, but the fact that it's so different yet still good with 5 is one of the plus points of the game for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos López
msg tools
Hi guys, I'm obviously very late for this conversation, but still, nothing wrong with trying right? Today was my first play of K2, a game I've wanted to try for a long time, but... I was kind of dissapointed

My main issue were the huge, ridiculous jams next to the top of the mountain; for several turns some of us just couldn't make any valuable move. I guess that has a lot to do with the fact that we were 5 players playing on the easiest mode (summer and easy side).

So the question is, does playing on a harder difficulty fix this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.