Subject: DISRUPTED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NOt having on much luck getting answers to all my questions.
So I tried over on consim [for the first time] and having even less luck there.

Anyway.
As I'm 'struggling along and slowly [think] I'm getting the rules I now found a complicated situation [to me that is]

I have a full strength German unit and a disrupted one in a hex.
They are no in a combat situation so how do I calculate strenght.
The disrupted one is supposed to be minus 1 but....

Any hint on how to keep track of which units you've done combat with?

Sofar the battle seems very one sided.
Rusians attack, Germans lose steps and units.
At first I assumed that the reverse side was a step loss, but apparently the Germans only have the one step.

KG is still a bit of a puzzle for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreu "Juan Guilloto"
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey. I haven't the rules in front of me now, so I will speak using my memory (oh, no!)
I think the Disrupting occurs per hex, not per unit, so if a unit becomes disrupted, all the others too. The only way to coexist a disrupted and a non-disrupted units is by moving.
As my hint, I turn the units counter-clockwise to show they are moved or attacked. But yes, it's a lot of work to re-turn all the units right again!

Yes; the battles are generally started by Russians rolling over the poor Germans retreating or trying to resist in some fortified lines, rivers, or other obstacles. Most of the German units are 1-stepped, so they go to the cup immediately when strocked by the Russians!!

BR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gracias Juan,

So when you get a * result, does this mean the unit turns to it's backside and automatically becomes a KG, or did I play that wrong?

I still have loads of tiny wooden blocks,many many years ago I had the intention to used them for some other game, but that never happened.
Maybe I'll put them to good use by placing them on units I've activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Antoine
Belgium
Floriffoux
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Freddy,

12.0 DISRUPTION (page 20)

A unit becomes Disrupted because of an enemy Barrage or because it ended movement stacked with a Disrupted friendly unit. Units may move through friendly units without penalty.

So, if you stack a non-Disrupted unit with a Disrupted one, it will become Disrupted.

As for the effects of Disruption, see 12.1 => Disrupted Combat units do not lose strength, but suffer a -1 Combat DRM.

Artillery Barrage: (see 11.0 page 19) [The following is not explicitly stated in the rules, but I've always played like that. If anyone knows I'm playing it wrong, please, do tell!]
When an Artillery unit fires, all the units in the hex are involved and become Disrupted on any result other than "-".
So, a class "A" Soviet Artillery unit automatically Disrupts a stack within range... and may be more than that: Better stay away from it!

16.0 KAMPFGRUPPEN (page 23)

All German Infantry Divisions have one step.

Infantry KG enter the game in two ways:

- When a "1*" Combat/Barrage result is achieved: Flip one eliminated German Infantry Division in that hex to its KG side.

- Replacement: By drawing 4 KG from the KG pool each turn, during the German Placement segment.

I hope this helps.

Pascal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.