Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Moore
United States
Wesley Chapel
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of Lancaster on Saturday and after opening and sorting items, I find that I am missing the purple castle board. I have the purple castle improvement tiles/cards and the the screen, but am missing the screen.

I looked through the cardboard "boards" to see if there was simply a hole where it should be and can't find a slot that is unaccounted for - all the pieces I have come from all the cardboard sheets I have. That makes me think I am missing more than just the purple castle board - but perhaps am missing other items that would have been on the same cardboard sheet - more gold coins, etc.

I don't think so - I have the voting cards, and all other color components for the four other players. I am not sure what "ally boards" are - maybe I am also missing those?

Anyone else have this issue?

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your post is ambiguous on what you are actually missing.

Here is my guess: you dont miss anything at all

There is one piece of cardboard you dont have in purple.

When you play the game with 2 players, each player controls 2 colors. There is an additional board to mark some things regarding controlling two colors at the same time.

This does not come in purple color because you dont need it. So, dont panic I guess your game is complete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. The 'ally board' is that small square castle bit that looks like the reserve section for your Knights. There are only four of them, and the game omits Purple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry Tim. Many people fell for that and thought the game was incomplete. I still can remember turning the whole room upside down in search for the purple ally board. I propose it should become a Holy Grail item in Lancaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
*Lorenzo*
Italy
Cesena
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbratus wrote:
Your post is ambiguous on what you are actually missing.

Here is my guess: you dont miss anything at all

There is one piece of cardboard you dont have in purple.

When you play the game with 2 players, each player controls 2 colors. There is an additional board to mark some things regarding controlling two colors at the same time.

This does not come in purple color because you dont need it. So, dont panic I guess your game is complete

i confirm that. my game also has the same components as yours.
you simply dont need the purple little ally board, so dont worry about his "missing"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
In my worry I came here and was relieved. Thank you dear comrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here!! What a relief I don't want any more troubles with QG....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozhan Sen
Japan
Itabashi-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

This thread helped with my missing purple ally’s castle problem as well

Rulebook doesn't mention it not being there at all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the same problem earlier. Was searching highs and lows for the purple board. I even checked the punchboard frames in case I missed any frame.

Gone through the component checklist over and over again, and only then I found out about the 'ally' boards. So confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stjepan Mateljan
Croatia
Zagreb
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What will we do without the 'Geek? I only regret i didn't turn to bgg an hour ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz RGF
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
Don't worry Tim. Many people fell for that and thought the game was incomplete. I still can remember turning the whole room upside down in search for the purple ally board. I propose it should become a Holy Grail item in Lancaster.

Came here in hope to read this. LOL

But my copy is missing two squires.... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolph Fox
Mexico
flag msg tools
Scared here to, but is not listed in the base components, but its listed a little below that just 4 castles for 2 players. Guess its ok after reading other replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rudolp wrote:
Scared here to, but is not listed in the base components, but its listed a little below that just 4 castles for 2 players. Guess its ok after reading other replies

It is not in the game, and it is not needed in the game, so you are not missing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a different "missing" component. The two player rules, and I believe I've seen these tiles in videos, but there is a 2nd tile for the ally for the two player version called a "back court." It's not a big deal, but I'm wondering what happened to them.

Gg

Edit: Doh! The back courts are the reverse side of the ally castles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Aldrich
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheesh, wish i had read this post an hour ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marQ DC
Canada
flag msg tools
thank you Google and my fellow bgg geeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.