Galaxy Trucker» Forums » General

Subject: Quick Question on Class IV ships - Am I missing something? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vreetech +
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey.

Just a quick question. I have the GT anniversary edition and have just bought the "Latest Models" expansion (so basically I got everything released as far as I am aware) but am confused about the class IV naming. The "another big expansion" adds class IV and the "latest models" add IVC... so where is class IVB? I'm probably missing something simple but just wanted to ask.

Cheers,
Andrew

P.S. GT is epic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vreetech wrote:
Hey.

Just a quick question. I have the GT anniversary edition and have just bought the "Latest Models" expansion (so basically I got everything released as far as I am aware) but am confused about the class IV naming. The "another big expansion" adds class IV and the "latest models" add IVC... so where is class IVB? I'm probably missing something simple but just wanted to ask.

Cheers,
Andrew

P.S. GT is epic.

You're also missing IV A...

The Latest Models ships are all C-class ships; the B-class ships (II B and III B) come from Another Big Expansion, and two of the A-class ships (I A and II A) come from The Big Expansion - the original game had I, II, III and III A

Presumably they decided that it was better to have an all C-class expansion rather than introducing class IV A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Class IV A and B ships did not pass minimum safety inspections.

Considering the insane nature of some of the other ships, you're probably wondering how they passed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vreetech +
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
PaulGrogan wrote:
Class IV A and B ships did not pass minimum safety inspections.

Considering the insane nature of some of the other ships, you're probably wondering how they passed!

Well then... if that's the case I don't think I want to see them!

Until a "forbidden / lost ships" expansion comes out

Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the missing I B

If it weren't for III A and IV, you'd be able to tell which expansion a ship class came from simply by looking at its letter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.