Popular Tags: [View All]
james schweig
United States
SAN FRANCISCO
California
flag msg tools
I bought this for no reason
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this as gift having played it several times. I had heard about their quality control issues, and now i see why.

Many of the ships have ding marks and places where you can see where the ship was removed from sprue. The locations in the romulan expansion are pretty bent.

I will contact them for the locations, but should i contact them for the ships? Did you?

thanks,

james

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philosophant wrote:
I just got this as gift having played it several times. I had heard about their quality control issues, and now i see why.

Many of the ships have ding marks and places where you can see where the ship was removed from sprue. The locations in the romulan expansion are pretty bent.

I will contact them for the locations, but should i contact them for the ships? Did you?

thanks,

james

How many of your ships were broken off their stands, or have their nacelles broken off? And how many cards are missing or torn? Were the cards wrapped in shrink, or strewn throughout the box?

Sprue marks are pretty common in any board game. Some of the ships aren't assembled as carefully as one might do it themselves, but keep in mind this is a mass-produced board game. As I understand it, most of the major quality control and shipping/packaging issues were corrected after the first print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james schweig
United States
SAN FRANCISCO
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the ships are broken. Some are chipped. The cards were in their wrap but were warped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the card warping issue is with most sets. It happened with mine too, although I was able to flatten them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like just poor sprue removal?

How chipped are the ships? Big gashes or little nicks?

As for the warped tiles. Those can be a nuisance to flatten. And replacement may be warped too so its anyones guess.

If you can photo one of the damaged ships please do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philosophant wrote:

I had a ship that was broken off the stand, and another that broke almost immediately. I contacted WizKids and got replacements with no hassle (with photocopy of the receipt). It should be noted that at that time (March-2012), there was a two-ship maximum for replacements. Don't know if that restriction is still in place.

The best thing you can do to preserve the ships while playing is to not use the click wheels--ever. I had to do several repairs to ships that were twisted off the post by someone who didn't know better. Instead, sleeve your ship cards and use a large paper clip to show the power setting. Easier to read, and I don't think I've broken a ship since I started doing this--and it also means you can substitute Star Trek Tactics or Attack Wing ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james schweig
United States
SAN FRANCISCO
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea with the paperclips!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Vista
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philosophant wrote:
Great idea with the paperclips!

SOP.

I also copied a set of ship cards so that you can put a set of your opponent's ships in front of you. Makes it much easier to tell what's going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.