Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I knew this would happen. I have one of the spiffy wooden divider sets, the ones that are made in the UK. In that, I have placed one of each released encounter card set, sleeved in KMC Perfect Fit sleeves. The Stone of Erech is the LAST of them that I was able to fit into one LOTR box:

Guess I'm going to have to buy another core set whistle

Edited for the atrocious grammar. I was distracted by the oh so freaking beautiful artwork on the Stone of Erech cards. Man those cards are colourful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're also missing the print on demand Nightmare encounter decks and possibly Battle at Lake-town I think? Which'll make it worse. ^_^

I switched over to a normal 4-row card box a while ago, as I have a similar setup with all sleeved and Tom GeckoTH's awesome dividers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them all, just haven't made dividers for some of them.

I don't have a printer so I rely on getting the dividers printed when and where I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
happycatmachine wrote:

I don't have a printer so I rely on getting the dividers printed when and where I can.

Oic, cool. Yeah, I love keeping all of them sleeved too but it is starting to take up quite a bit of space. Just think how much space it'll take up in another year or two! Good thing this game is worth it! ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
happycatmachine wrote:

Oic, cool. Yeah, I love keeping all of them sleeved too but it is starting to take up quite a bit of space. Just think how much space it'll take up in another year or two! Good thing this game is worth it! ^_^

Indeed, tis a legendary game in every respect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And for those who are interested. Here are the player cards in my other core set box:

Only have one deck built at the moment from it and it's on the right in the front.

Edit: right, forgot to mention that this is two core sets worth of player cards. One of each other pack and box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
happycatmachine wrote:

This is a lesson I learned with Dominion: Eventually you have a conveniently sleeved, 50 pound box.

Edit: 3.57 stone, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:
happycatmachine wrote:

This is a lesson I learned with Dominion: Eventually you have a conveniently sleeved, 50 pound box.

As an American living in England I think the 50 pound figure is so much more impressive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Mattr0polis wrote:
happycatmachine wrote:

Amazing how heavy a solid box of cardboard can get!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maya
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one impressive collection, Kelly.

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually weighed a full box of sleeved LOTR cards? And is the nox really sturdy enough for all those cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gryphon Tracks wrote:
That is one impressive collection, Kelly.

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually weighed a full box of sleeved LOTR cards? And is the nox really sturdy enough for all those cards?

I'm sure it's fine. I was using an old 3-row card box for dominion, and even full it was plenty sturdy; and that was just cardboard.

Oh, and I think it'd be fascinating to see how much a box-full weighs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I'm in the same spot now. I figured it would be coming soon. I bought the same (really excellent) wooden divider set

I've asked for a couple of the most recent expansion sets for Christmas and it looks now I need to get a new core set also!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Simpson
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This and Dominion are easily the heaviest games I have. I almost don't want to take them out sometimes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you have that I don't? I have the same, two Boxes one with the hero cards (in FFG containers), and all the Encounters + Neutral cards in the other box with that same wooden insert. But that second box is only about 2/3rds full, and I swear I have everything including nightmare decks. I figured after the Isengard box set, I would have to get a 3rd box. I wonder if my sleeves are just thinner? (Mayfair cheap sleeves)

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
What do you have that I don't? I have the same, two Boxes one with the hero cards (in FFG containers), and all the Encounters + Neutral cards in the other box with that same wooden insert. But that second box is only about 2/3rds full, and I swear I have everything including nightmare decks. I figured after the Isengard box set, I would have to get a 3rd box. I wonder if my sleeves are just thinner? (Mayfair cheap sleeves)

-shnar

Hey Shnar,

On my phone so will be brief. Soz. There isn't a big difference between the KMC and Mayday sleeves so I'm not sure. I don't think I put my two core set encounter cards in there. I will take a look when I get home.

I have used a handful of the plastic dividers but I don't think that's it.

Edit: checked before I left and no double encounter sets.

Edit 2: well I think perhaps the KMC Perfect Fits are probably a tiny bit thicker than penny sleeves. Spread out over all of the encounter cards I imagine that could make the difference between full and 2/3 full. I'll do the experiment when I get home. I can't abide the premium thickness sleeves so that is why I made the assumption that Mayday and the KMC Perfects were roughly the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the premium sleeves, they're just twice as expensive and there are so. many. cards. that I figured I'd save money and use penny sleeves (and if they fall apart, so what, just replace them as they do).

I'll take a picture later today of my box so we can compare

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milen Krastev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OP, you can remove cards that you never play. Put the worst cards in different box and hide them somewhere dark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kmazut wrote:
OP, you can remove cards that you never play. Put the worst cards in different box and hide them somewhere dark

Nay,

One box to hold them all
Thus one box to find them,
One box, flat not tall
And in one box I bind them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kmazut wrote:
OP, you can remove cards that you never play. Put the worst cards in different box and hide them somewhere dark ;)

Nah, cause then a new monthly pack comes out and makes a few of the older cards better and you need em again. Repeat every month. ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hehe, im at the same point although I dont got the same setup..

On that note, could u share a link of the .uk based seller that made the inlay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pouvla wrote:
hehe, im at the same point although I dont got the same setup..

On that note, could u share a link of the .uk based seller that made the inlay?

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/152772/uk-based-card-stora...

The guys who are running the kick starter basically stole this guy's story and idea. There are 'talks' going on about it right now between the two parties. Mr. Craft had the idea and created the first ones. I hope he gets his dues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is he talking to the guys in NZ who sell their duplicates under their own name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Is he talking to the guys in NZ who sell their duplicates under their own name?

Hmm, I don't know. I think it's the American one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.