Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

No Retreat! The North African Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Capturing Towns/Cities [10.2] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benoit Larose
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Salut Carl,

Please confirm if normal Deployment limitations (i.e. not adjacent to enemy units) must be observed when Initiative player captures Towns/Cities during Deplyment. Rule is ambiguous IMHO.whistle

Merci
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules to me would suggest so, you can capture towns and cities as long as the deployment rules are followed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesters_race wrote:
The rules to me would suggest so, you can capture towns and cities as long as the deployment rules are followed.


This is correct.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redman
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A further question of clarification: when the initiative player captures towns (on a map that is uncontested, i.e., on a map on which he begins controlling no towns), is he limited to doing so within the three hexes of his friendly map edge, or does he get to trace supply all the way up to the first enemy EZOC that blocks supply?

(As a side note, we've got two games of NR2 going at our club's weekly game night tonight :) )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GenjiSiKaanu wrote:
A further question of clarification: when the initiative player captures towns (on a map that is uncontested, i.e., on a map on which he begins controlling no towns), is he limited to doing so within the three hexes of his friendly map edge, or does he get to trace supply all the way up to the first enemy EZOC that blocks supply?

(As a side note, we've got two games of NR2 going at our club's weekly game night tonight )


He can go as far as he can up to the first enemy that blocks supply.

Edit: Have fun with the games, let us know how they went!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernt Lawrenson
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
First game on the table this year. Very impressed and am enjoying learning this one. To clarify then, would appreciate comment on the following example. The Italians are driven off of map 4 in the Dec 40 turn. In the set up for Jan 40 turn on map 3, an Italian unit (corps) is placed one hex SW of Sollum. Can the British player (1) capture Sollum and if so (2) does that mean the Italian player cannot place a box unit next to Sollum. In other words, even though the British player cannot deploy a combat unit in Sollum as it is next to an Italian combat unit, can he still capture the town by placing an Allied marker on it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redman
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrenson wrote:
First game on the table this year. Very impressed and am enjoying learning this one. To clarify then, would appreciate comment on the following example. The Italians are driven off of map 4 in the Dec 40 turn. In the set up for Jan 40 turn on map 3, an Italian unit (corps) is placed one hex SW of Sollum. Can the British player (1) capture Sollum and if so (2) does that mean the Italian player cannot place a box unit next to Sollum. In other words, even though the British player cannot deploy a combat unit in Sollum as it is next to an Italian combat unit, can he still capture the town by placing an Allied marker on it?


My thoughts would be, yes, (1) the British unit could set up in Sollum (& further along the coast road, up to a subsequent Italian unit's EZOC which blocks supply), the reason being the EZOC does not extend across the escarpment between Sollum & the hex to its SW. An Allied marker would be placed, indicating Allied control.

Following the rules for the placement of Axis entrenchments, the Axis player (2) would not be able to place a box unit in the hex with the Italian unit SW of Sollum, because units cannot set up adjacent to enemy controlled cities (which Sollum has now become).

As ever, I'm willing to be contradicted :)


licinius wrote:
Have fun with the games, let us know how they went! :):)


Thanks, we had a blast. We ground through the rules a bit, & I'm going to check the forum before posting a few of the questions I had. Here are our two games lined up last night:



One of our buddies wrote up an evening group A.A.R. (nothing too specific to NR2, since he wasn't playing it, but it does have a few more pictures of us playing) here: G.A.A.R. -- 01/03/14 -- The-Reason-Why-Minnesota-Has-So-Many-Gamers Edition
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.