Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Riskey
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am setting up a new 6-player game of VQ PBEM and I need four more players. This will be a friendly learning game, where rules are followed and sequences explained, so anyone new to VQ or to PBEM is welcome. I will be happy to help anyone willing to learn.

Players will be expected to complete their own impulses thoroughly and upload log files. The emphasis will be on accurate play and sequential file handling, not rapid-fire or error-prone play. So if you prefer to do quick, incomplete impulses or call-in your moves without having the current game in front of you, this game is not a good fit.

The negotiation phase will last 48 hours; a player's impulse or response should be completed within 24 hours of the previous impulse. Yes, that means you will be expected to check email at least every 24 hours and respond.

If you are interested, please let me know your preference of starting powers. I will ask if you agree to the above and then we'll have a smooth, fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Frank,

I am new to VQ, having only a few partial (and ongoing) plays of HiS under my belt, but I'm willing and excited to learn, especially in the context of a friendly learning game. I'm familiar with DropBox, Vassal and ACTS interface. No power preference. But I'd be happy to join if you are still looking. My ACTS user id is identical to my bgg username, "looleypalooley".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to join, if still possible.

I know the rules of the game quite well but I have little experience with Dropbox and no experience with ACTS and I have never done a PBEM.

I would prefer to play non-Ottoman and non-Spain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Atle Myhre
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

I would like to join. I have never played a PBEM before. I have also never played this game with 6 players. I have only played two-player live. I love the game, though, and I know the rules well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Shaw
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please count me in if there is still room. Dan S on ACTS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Riskey
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Response was so good (a GeekMail responses in addition to those here) that I will start a second game as well. Feel free to ask questions, I know you are all intelligent, just may not have played PBEM or VQ much.

Requirements for each of us are:

0) A copy of the VQ rules, scenario playbook, FAQ, and Errata from http://www.gmtgames.com/p-341-virgin-queen.aspx

I will quote the rules, use the turn/phase sequences, etc.

1) An ACTS account. The account is free and easy to establish, go to http://acts.warhorsesim.com/home.asp

We will use the ACTS Custom Module Virgin Queen for cards, dice rolling, and a log of the game. Once the game is setup you can go to one place online and see the game info and log plus your cards. You will play a card by clicking on it in ACTS.

2) VASSAL engine version 3.2.8 from http://www.vassalengine.org/

3) VASSAL module of Virgin Queen version 2.1 again from http://www.vassalengine.org/ click Modules at the top, then V.

4) Install VASSAL and the VQ module on your computer.

5) I will invite you to join a www.dropbox.com folder where we can store/share the game log files of moves. Each file will include the game and a unique number that we increment each time a file is created.

I will setup the first game now and the second game as soon as we have enough players. If you want to be in the 2nd game just let me know your power preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
friskey wrote:
0) A copy of the VQ rules, scenario playbook, FAQ, and Errata from http://www.gmtgames.com/p-341-virgin-queen.aspx

Somewhat annoyingly, the FAQ and Errata PDFs on the GMT site are stale--they date from July 2012, but the current versions of both are from January 2013 and can be found in the Files section here at BGG: FAQ and Errata
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Riskey
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel, thank you once again, I did not know that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Johannesson
Sweden
Malmoe
Skane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need players for the second game I am intersted to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm interested in joining the second game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Riskey
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I setup the first game, called "BGG1". All I need for the second game is Eric C's ACTS name. (BTW: I need your displayed name in ACTS, not your login name.)

Please acknowledge that your assigned power is acceptable.

BGG1
1. Ottoman: Frank Riskey (ACTS Frank Riskey) fjriskey@cableone.net
2. Spain: Dan Shaw (ACTS Dan S)
3. England: Jonathan C. (ACTS Jonathan C)
4. France: Jason Lindsay (ACTS Jason Lindsay)
5. HRE: Stig (ACTS Stig Atle Myhre)
6. Protestant: Eric Goodemote (ACTS Eric Goodemote)

BGG2
1. Ottoman: Jonathan C. (ACTS Jonathan C)
2. Spain: Frank Riskey (ACTS Frank Riskey) fjriskey@cableone.net
3. England: Eric Goodemote (ACTS Eric Goodemote)
4. France: MLeis (ACTS Fielmann)
5. HRE: Johan Johannesson (ACTS Johan Johannesson)
6. Protestant: Eric C. (ACTS = ?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Riskey
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I setup both games. Before I have ACTS deal cards out, please let me know you are satisfied with your starting position. Then we can let the good times roll!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
friskey wrote:
Ok, I setup both games. Before I have ACTS deal cards out, please let me know you are satisfied with your starting position. Then we can let the good times roll!

Fine by me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.