Subject: bonus tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konrad Wojtas
Poland
Stalowa Wola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first player that manages to cover all spaces of one colour takes the corresponding large bonus tile.
What if i'm the first and the second player with buildings or ships that manage to do that? Will i get the big and small bonus tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Indru
Romania
Timisoara
Timis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you be second when you're first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mir4ge wrote:
The first player that manages to cover all spaces of one colour takes the corresponding large bonus tile.
What if i'm the first and the second player with buildings or ships that manage to do that? Will i get the big and small bonus tile?

How can you be the first and second player to cover all ships or buildings? If you place all 12 buildings (or all 6 ships) first, clearly you can't place any more, it would have be someone else (or noone) to complete them second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get a bonus tile for covering everything in a color, not just a connected section. So to get the brown bonus tile, you must cover every brown location on your board. If there are three brown sections on your board, than you have to cover all three sections completely before getting the brown bonus tile.

Same goes with all the others, so you can only ever get one bonus tile at the most for each color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's cover ALL. Covering all in a section gives bonus points (based on turn number) but not the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bockelman
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I understand your question completely. You can only get one bonus tile of each color.

If you're the first player to fill up your building spaces, you get the large bonus tile for buildings.

If you're the second player to fill up your ship spaces, you get the small bonus tile for ships.

Does that answer your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Wojtas
Poland
Stalowa Wola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick replay I surely did misunderstood the rules. I thought that the rules stated that you get a bonus tile while finishing first a region. That makes much more sense now. Thx again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question. I have been playing it wrong also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sergeant
United States
Burlington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I've been playing this wrong as well...glad this came up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a different bonus for finishing a region (one to - afair - eight hexes large) that varies depending on a round, and there's a bonus in a form of a token when you finish ALL hexes of a given color on your board (and all players have the same number of particular type of land hexes to cover). In the latter case you certainly can't be both first and second ;].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have been playing it wrong. Thanks for asking the question! (And I think I lost a couple games because I played it wrong).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Martville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just realizing this mistake as well. I'm 10 plays deep with cardboard, my first go on yucata.de let me know I was doing it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.