Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey dice-rollers, cube-placers and gamers in general all around the globe

I knew this site called "BoardGameGeek" for quite some time, but never really took a deeper look into it. The reason for this is simple: while I grew up playing with my family regulary, the family split up over the years because people were moving to different cities and so on. So naturally, the family gaming group became smaller and smaller until it ceased to exist, leaving room for 2 players only - at best.

This is how I pretty much ended up in a boardgame vacuum for many years and focused more on videogames which I also really enjoy, though I always remembered and missed my boardgame past as I always enjoyed the social aspect and unique fun of the hobby.

Thanks to my girlfriend, I was able to gain a foothold into this hobby again, because though she was not much of a boardgame player, she became pretty interested from what I told her. So we looked through my collection and tested every game I had and naturally, after a while, we wanted more and looked around in local stores. And I felt like a complete newcomer again with all these new games I had absolutely no idea about.

At this moment, I remembered this site here, which really helped me to catch up about all the new games and trends which happened in the past years I missed. I still have some gaps to fill (especially worker placement kind of games), but I will get there

I had not planned to join this community and browse the forums on daily basis, so I posted a bit here and there without properly introducing myself, so I took this opportunity here and now

So, again, thanks to my girl, this website and the whole friendly community out there !

Have fun with the hobby and Happy Holidays
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG . It's a great site and community. Congratulations on getting back into the hobby as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Poling
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome from another newer gamer! I'm still wading around the shallow end of the pool myself. Less history with board games than you, though - we played the standard fare occasionally when I was younger but nothing serious. I always enjoyed the idea of playing board games, but didn't always have a lot of fun playing the games I had, though (if that makes any sense at all). When my nephews were younger I stumbled on Carc and became vaguely aware if this whole world of board games, but didn't really begin exploring it until earlier this year. Fortunately, we're joined by my sister and brother-in-law whenever we're all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Homan
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now that you're staying, you're gonna need an avatar and some microbadges. Here's 10bag to help get you started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much, to all of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyur wrote:
This is how I pretty much ended up in a boardgame vacuum for many years . . .

Think of all the money you saved not buying games during that time.

"Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win." -- Victor Laszlo to Rick Blaine in Casablanca (1942)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well? Am I?
badge
Don't Blink.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryo4 wrote:
Welcome from another newer gamer! I'm still wading around the shallow end of the pool myself. Less history with board games than you, though - we played the standard fare occasionally when I was younger but nothing serious. I always enjoyed the idea of playing board games, but didn't always have a lot of fun playing the games I had, though (if that makes any sense at all). When my nephews were younger I stumbled on Carc and became vaguely aware if this whole world of board games, but didn't really begin exploring it until earlier this year. Fortunately, we're joined by my sister and brother-in-law whenever we're all together.

New gamer reaching out to a new gamer...well worth a tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldard wrote:
Kyur wrote:
This is how I pretty much ended up in a boardgame vacuum for many years . . .

Think of all the money you saved not buying games during that time.

"Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win." -- Victor Laszlo to Rick Blaine in Casablanca (1942)

Dude, you have no idea laugh

Oh, and I see what you did there, one of my very favorite movies of all time thumbsup Even got a framed poster of it on my wall here.

Capt_WaRPed wrote:

Indeed

+

OneBagTravel wrote:
Herzlich willkommen!

Danke !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Poling
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Capt_WaRPed wrote:
Bryo4 wrote:

Wow - thank you so much! (And I'm trying quoting for the first time. I may well hose this up badly.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio
United States
Sparks
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
~Best for Business~
mbmbmbmbmb
No you did just fine, welcome to such a great site filled with great people and games beyond the mountain tops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a great holiday, and let me join all the others in welcoming you aboard this "little" community

Enjoy, and try not to lose too many hours pouring over the wealth of information here cool else you end up like me snore falling asleep at the keyboard blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oridyne wrote:
Have a great holiday, and let me join all the others in welcoming you aboard this "little" community

Enjoy, and try not to lose too many hours pouring over the wealth of information here cool else you end up like me snore falling asleep at the keyboard blush

Thanks, I will try to keep that in mind.

Since graphics design is my trade, I might also contribute some microbadges in the future. I could also offer some help for people's avatars, what would be the best place to place this offer ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Kyur wrote:
oridyne wrote:

Thanks, I will try to keep that in mind.

Since graphics design is my trade, I might also contribute some microbadges in the future. I could also offer some help for people's avatars, what would be the best place to place this offer ?

If you have any ideas for microbadges you can post them over in the MB peer review thread. People there can help you out on the exact process for submitting them (it's not difficult but the instructions on the site can be a bit misleading):

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/842927/microbadge-submission...

There's also a Geeklist for people requesting microbadge designs, that might not be a bad place to start if you want to help others with requests:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/162249/item/2931374

Welcome to the site
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.