Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel Beck
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nebelwerfer Operations Card states that it is used before the start of the action phase. It is purchased during the Command phase. So my question is:

1. Card is purchased during the Command Phase for 4 command.
2. Card is now active for the German player.
3. After the game round is advanced, but before the Action Phase begins, the German player attempts to establish contact with the Nebelwerfer, but fails to establish contact.
4. Can the German player attempt to establish contact with the Nebelwerfer during the action phase as an action, or does he have to wait until the next game round, before the Action Phase to attempt to establish contact contact again on the activated card?

For standard artillery cards, you can keep trying to establish contact as an action during each turn of your action phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kaiser33 wrote:
The Nebelwerfer Operations Card states that it is used before the start of the action phase. It is purchased during the Command phase. So my question is:

1. Card is purchased during the Command Phase for 4 command.
2. Card is now active for the German player.
3. After the game round is advanced, but before the Action Phase begins, the German player attempts to establish contact with the Nebelwerfer, but fails to establish contact.
4. Can the German player attempt to establish contact with the Nebelwerfer during the action phase as an action, or does he have to wait until the next game round, before the Action Phase to attempt to establish contact contact again on the activated card?

For standard artillery cards, you can keep trying to establish contact as an action during each turn of your action phase.

No, for standard artillery cards you can only try once per round as well.

P41 rule book: Once during every subsequent round, as an action, the player can again try to establish contact.

So for the Nebelwerfer as well: wait till the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks Willem for supplying the Correct info

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been having another look at the Nebelwerfer (and Katyusha) op cards and realized I just may have interpreter something wrong all along:

It reads that you may pay X command to perform the following attack at the START of an action phase. So far I've played it to mean at the start of your nation's first action turn of a phase, but taking the card literally, it would be at the very start of an acton phase, so even when you don't have the initiative you'd get the first attack in. That'd actually make the cards more worthwhile.

Which is the way it's intended to be played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Says start of an Action Phase, not start of a turn. So you play it at the beginning. Page 41 of the rulebook applies to STRATEGY cards BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.