Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I apologize if this has been asked before, as I'm just getting into this fabulous game.

I understand the B in the top right corner of the cards signifies Basic, but what does the C stand for? And when are those cards used?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe those are from the character add-on expansion cards. Along with new characters, there are cards you mix into the general supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
tacman88 wrote:

I apologize if this has been asked before, as I'm just getting into this fabulous game.

I understand the B in the top right corner of the cards signifies Basic, but what does the C stand for? And when are those cards used?

Thanks

B does not stand for "basic", it stands for "Base Set". "Basic" is a keyword that will be on cards. The cards from the base game all have a B on them. The C is on all cards from the Character Add-On pack. All the cards in the first Adventure Pack will have a 1, the cards from the second will have a 2, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:
tacman88 wrote:

Thanks

B does not stand for "basic", it stands for "Base Set". "Basic" is a keyword that will be on cards. The cards from the base game all have a B on them. The C is on all cards from the Character Add-On pack. All the cards in the first Adventure Pack will have a 1, the cards from the second will have a 2, etc.

To expand on this, basic cards will have the trait listed on the upper left of the card, potentially with other traits such as "Magic", "Two-handed", etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
For all intents and purposes, ignore the "C" and pretend that it's a "B". It's simpler that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Whitaker
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-Tees
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adventure pack numbers e.g. 1, 2, 3 etc. sometimes increase the difficulty of checks, but to all intents and purposes, as C. South states above, the Character Add-on cards are at the same (low) difficulty level as the Base Set cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.