Popular Tags: [View All]
Algimants Petkuns
Latvia
Riga
Latvia
flag msg tools
Just found some interesting info ...

Quote:
Word of the next 7 Wonders expansion is now out — well, some words anyway. Repos Production plans to release 7 Wonders: Babel in 2014, and unlike past expansions this one contains two separate elements that can be used separately or together or in combination with any other expansion.

First, players now work together to build the legendary Tower of Babel. Okay, work together is a bit strong as you're not necessarily trying to help another; in fact, as you build the tower ideally you're hurting others at the same time that you help yourself. At the start of play, players are dealt a hand of tower quadrants, then (since this is 7 Wonders) they draft quadrants: pick one, pass your hand, pick another, etc. During the game that follows, you now have a fourth possible action: Discard a card to build a quadrant, scoring 2 VP for the first you play, 4 VP for the second and 6 VP for the third. Each quadrant has a law on it, for example, each player has access to a particular resource each round, or certain resource cards don't work, or military victories pay out differently; this law affects all players until it's covered by another quadrant, but (since it's a quadrant) it can't be covered until three additional quadrants have completed the bottom level of the tower and it's time to play higher up. If a quadrant hurts your normal style of play, be sure to draft it and sit on it!

The second half of 7 Wonders: Babel consists of, if I recall the right word for it, agreements between various groups: trade agreements, military agreements, etc. What this means in game terms is that at the start of each age, you draw one card from the appropriate age agreement deck and reveal. A certain type of cards (commerce, military, etc.) now has an additional cost to be played. If you pay the cost, you take a marker from the agreement card, with the number of markers being one less than the number of players. If at the end of the age, all of the markers have been claimed, each player with a marker gains a bonus for each marker owned; if at least one marker is still on the card, then each player without a marker is punished in some manner.

source
http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24251/spiel-2013-update-se...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, as soon as we get more news we will post it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Richmond
msg tools
Hi from Germany!
I've read in here since at least a year and finally there's my first posting
Cannot wait until Babel gets released, really looking forward!

I've found a pretty nice picture, apparently made at Spiel in Essen this year:

http://de.trictrac.net/medias/images/1383148872.S663uul.jpg

don't know if this was common knowledge, but at least I haven't seen this before.

looks like there are some dual-cards, probably working for 2 players simultaneously?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Mucklow
United Kingdom
Swindon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks for posting that, Ferdinand. Great to see the prototype box!
Very excited about this expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it contain any actual wonder boards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sounds exciting. Will add this to my want list for 2014

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Burke
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've seen a couple of images where quadrants of the tower have the word "LAW" on the outside/curved edge. The images on 3 of the 4 were from existing resource cards like Forum, Clay pit etc. The final symbol was some sort of natural resource card equivalent like "Brown card X" = "Brown card Y".

There's also a landscape "age card" format with multiple symbols, I've no idea where to start deciphering it. It had the varions player count options (+3, +4 etc.) in top centre with, below, a "+" symbol followed by a resource symbol(s). Either side of the player count is a symbol such a military victory icon and an icon crossed out by a red "X"

Looks intriguing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders: Babel has its own BGG page now.

You can check out this preview video about it there: *Click*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Orzechowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was sad when interviewer said "No more questions". What about new wonders, new guilds and new leaders, dammit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Orzi wrote:
I was sad when interviewer said "No more questions". What about new wonders, new guilds and new leaders, dammit?

Same here, would be great to know if there will some connection with Cities or Leaders. For example laws that have effect on black cards ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Schuijers
Netherlands
Uden
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think Leaders, Guilds, Wonders and Black Cards are included in every expansion after Cities. So my thoughts are positive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpiritReacher wrote:
I think Leaders, Guilds, Wonders and Black Cards are included in every expansion after Cities. So my thoughts are positive!

The designer has already stated (*click*) that Babel includes no new wonder boards.

My guess is there won't be any black cards, either. After all, Babel is intended to be played independently of Cities.

Guilds or leaders, maybe.

But I think the main reason there were 6 new leaders in Cities was that you need them for the 8th player that Cities introduced (if the game has Roma B and either Manneken Pis A right of it or Catan B anywhere).

Personally, I'd definitely like new wonder boards and leaders!
But I actually prefer it if there are no new guilds or black cards.
I think there are enough already, even a little more than enough guilds, actually. (I think the copying effect of the Courtesan's Guild could better have been on a leader and the Counterfeiter's Guild could have been left out, there are enough similar effects on black cards.)

I prefer being able to plan ahead and it is already random enough what guilds and black cards will turn out to be in the game. I don't want it to become even more random, I want planning for certain guilds or black cards to at least matter somewhat, for that I need a decent enough chance that the particular guilds or black cards that are good for my strategy are actually in the game. More guilds and black cards to randomly draw from would hurt that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Filipovski
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
It makes sense there should be at least two new leaders in Babel.

A leader for the tower of babel which makes you immune against negative effects and maybe even both positive and negative effects.

Another leader for the second part of the expansion which allows you to take a token without the added cost on the table. Or an option that gives you two tokens instead of one if you choose to pay the extra resource cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The subject of this thread is VERY misleading. Is the expansion out or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:
The subject of this thread is VERY misleading. Is the expansion out or not?

No, it is not out yet. I agree the title is misleading, it has to be read as
Word of "7 Wonders: Babel" is now out - but that is not clear from reading it indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.