Android: Netrunner» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Accelerated Diagnostics combo - 7 points in one turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is officially silly. I didn't even know it was possible until just now. It's a once-in-a-lifetime. Here's the schreenshot and the log.

[mplain] give me a sec
[mplain] to think
[conduit23] sure
[mplain] maybe i can pull off a seven-pointer
[conduit23] greaaaat
[mplain] yeah, i think i can
[conduit23] go nuts
[mplain] you can alt+tab now
[conduit23] nah I should pay attention so I can know which cards I need to trash/imp

Turn 15: mplain

--> mplain performs the turn's mandatory draw.
=> The offices of Haas-Bioroid (mplain) are now open for business. They have 26 ¥ and 3 ∅ for this turn.

∅ mplain uses Click #1 and pays 4 ¥ to initiate Biotic Labor.
--> mplain uses Biotic Labor's ability to gain 2 ∅.

∅ mplain uses Click #2 and pays 1 ¥ to initiate Power Shutdown.
mplain has initiated a power shutdown. The runner must trash 1 installed program or hardware with an install cost of 25 or less.
conduit23 trashes Nerve Agent at no cost.

mplain has acquired Jackson Howard.
mplain uses the ability of Jackson Howard in order to Exile Jackson Howard and rework ['Interns', 'Interns', 'Shipment from SanSan'] from their Archives and shuffle their R&D.
∅ mplain uses Click #3 and pays 1 ¥ to initiate Accelerated Diagnostics.
mplain takes a free action to initiate Interns.
:> mplain uses Interns's ability to install ['Jackson Howard'] from their Archives.
--> mplain activates Haas-Bioroid to Gain 1 ¥.
:> mplain uses Interns's ability to install ['Project Vitruvius'] from their Archives.
mplain takes a free action to initiate Shipment from SanSan.
--> mplain uses Shipment from SanSan's ability to put 2 Advancement counters on ['Project Vitruvius'].
mplain has installed SanSan City Grid for 6 ¥.
mplain scores Project Vitruvius and receives 2 agenda point(s)

mplain has acquired Jackson Howard .
mplain uses the ability of Jackson Howard in order to Exile Jackson Howard and rework ['Interns', 'Interns', 'Shipment from SanSan'] from their Archives and shuffle their R&D.
∅ mplain uses Click #4 and pays 1 ¥ to initiate Accelerated Diagnostics.
:> mplain uses Interns's ability to install ['Jackson Howard'] from their Archives.
:> mplain uses Interns's ability to install ['Project Vitruvius'] from their Archives.
--> mplain uses Shipment from SanSan's ability to put 2 Advancement counters on ['Project Vitruvius'].

mplain has acquired Jackson Howard .
mplain uses the ability of Jackson Howard in order to Exile Jackson Howard and rework ['Interns', 'Shipment from SanSan', 'Shipment from SanSan'] from their Archives and shuffle their R&D.
∅ mplain uses Click #5 and pays 1 ¥ to initiate Accelerated Diagnostics.
:> mplain uses Interns's ability to install ['Priority Requisition'] from their Archives.
--> mplain uses Shipment from SanSan's ability to put 2 Advancement counters on ['Priority Requisition'].
--> mplain uses Shipment from SanSan's ability to put 2 Advancement counters on ['Priority Requisition'].
mplain scores Priority Requisition and receives 3 agenda point(s)
mplain wins the game!
[conduit23] jeez
[conduit23] that really is silly X)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Trololololololl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
So on the table:

Jackson Howard

In Hand:

Biotic Labor + Power Shutdown + 3 ADTs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He had a SanSan city grid (unrezzed) on the table too. That really helps the 7 point combo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
He had a SanSan city grid (unrezzed) on the table too. That really helps the 7 point combo!

I suppose that Cerebral Imaging could have 2 biotic labors in hand + SFMM to kick this off even easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before people go crazy (although I might be too late), note that this required a perfect hand, 3 unused Jacksons (one on the table), and a SanSan on the table.

I am surprised by how cheap it was, though: 8 credits + 6 for the SanSan. I would have thought it would be more economically vulnerable, but clearly Shipment from SanSan is almost wedded to Accelerated Diagnostics.

A card that could strongly hurt this sort of combo-nonsense is something that could remove cards from the game (particularly from Archives).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also worth noting I really have no idea what I'm doing with Anarch, in case that weren't obvious from the screenshot. Also I'm pretty sure that Jackson was in the ICE'd remote with the SanSan, he just moved it for the screenshot. Anyway, even if it was a case of "the perfect hand" I'm still sad this is now possible in my favorite game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
I'm still sad this is now possible in my favorite game. :(

This. I know it is hard to do and all, but it doesn't seem healthy that it is possible...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrTall wrote:
mdanuser wrote:
I'm still sad this is now possible in my favorite game.

This. I know it is hard to do and all, but it doesn't seem healthy that it is possible...

There were already Midseason Psycho Beale/Vitruvius and the weird Efficiency Committee/Trick of Light "Doran's Blades deck allowing these weird single-turn wins. I know that doesn't make it better, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's still a hilarious anarch counter to it. With noiseshop, you just bring a virus out after they put their cards in R&D with jackson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cerebral Imaging sillyness aside, I've built my deck to be as much about fast-advance as possible, so Plan A is scoring two 2-pointers and then comboing for a 3-point finisher. Comboing for 5 points in one turn is something this deck is geared to be able to pull off, but I don't aim to do this. What happened here was never planned...

This schreenshot was taken at the end of turn 11 (turn 6 of the corp), and at the beginning of that turn I was already able to combo off, I just couldn't believe it, so I had to gather my spirits for two turns

The combo is not an easy one, aggressive siphoning and vamping really makes my life hard, but the strength of it as compared to regular HB FA is that the runner cannot R&D lock you out. Without Imp or Demolition Run all they can do to preemptively break the combo is hit and trash Jackson from HQ or R&D, and even then I can get him back with Archived Memories or Interns.

P.S. sorry for the duplicate posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
DrTall wrote:
mdanuser wrote:
I'm still sad this is now possible in my favorite game.

I dunno; it seems at least as hard as "Score Posted Bounty -> 3x Scorched Earth," if not actually harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I want that app that checks off conditions to game ender

It's really impressive, but heck I don't know how a game could really get to this state without the runner doing something about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
it seems like NBN should be able to do this equally well. maybe more so because astroscript lets you cheat two of the advancements off the 5/3 at the end.

not sure. it kinda hurts my head to think about this lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoot, all you have to do to win Netrunner is get to turn 15 with the runner having played no cards, have a Jackson Howard and a San San in play at the start of your turn, have 26 credits in hand, and have a hand consisting of exactly 3 accelerated diagnostics, a biotic labor, a power shutdown and an interns!

NETRUNNER'S OFFICIALLY BROKEN GUYS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Soto
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, this looks pretty rigged. Apparently as the Corp you only need to have 3 unrezzed ice in play by turn 15 as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Sotomaic wrote:
Yeah, this looks pretty rigged. Apparently as the Corp you only need to have 3 unrezzed ice in play by turn 15 as well.

I think in OCTGN land, turn 15 is actually the first turn of turn 8. The runner is also playing anarch, so its reasonable to think that rezzed ice has already been destroyed, and if the corp got all 3 ADTs early, perhaps he was willing to give up single access to R&D to hold out for the combo combo combo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oops!... I did it again :)

[mplain] ok now. great fun is about to begin.

Turn 21: mplain

--> mplain performs the turn's mandatory draw.
=> The offices of Haas-Bioroid (mplain) are now open for business. They have 14 ¥ and 3 ⌚ for this turn.
∅ mplain uses Click #1 and pays 4 ¥ to initiate Biotic Labor.
--> mplain uses Biotic Labor's ability to gain 2 ∅.
mplain has initiated a power shutdown. The runner must trash 1 installed program or hardware with an install cost of 29 or less
[runnetter] i dont have any programes or hardware
[mplain] that's ok :)

∅ mplain uses Click #3 and pays 1 ¥ to initiate Accelerated Diagnostics.
:> mplain uses Interns's ability to Install ['Jackson Howard'] from their HQ.
--> mplain activates Haas-Bioroid to Gain 1 ¥.
mplain has installed SanSan City Grid for 6 ¥.

mplain uses the ability of Jackson Howard in order to Exile Jackson Howard and rework ['Archived Memories', 'Interns', 'Shipment from SanSan'] from their Archives and shuffle their R&D.
∅ mplain uses Click #4 and pays 1 ¥ to initiate Accelerated Diagnostics.
mplain takes a free action to initiate Archived Memories.
:> mplain uses Archived Memories's ability to retrieve ['Accelerated Diagnostics'] from their Archives.

mplain uses the ability of Jackson Howard in order to Exile Jackson Howard and rework ['Interns', 'Shipment from SanSan', 'Shipment from SanSan'] from their Archives and shuffle their R&D.
∅ mplain uses Click #5 and pays 1 ¥ to initiate Accelerated Diagnostics.
:> mplain uses Interns's ability to install ['Priority Requisition'] from their Archives.
mplain scores Priority Requisition and receives 3 agenda point(s)
mplain wins the game!
[mplain] gg
[mplain] :)
[runnetter] interesting!
[runnetter] gg
runnetter has left the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:

mplain has initiated a power shutdown. The runner must trash 1 installed program or hardware with an install cost of 29 or less
[runnetter] i dont have any programes or hardware
[mplain] that's ok

I love that he has no idea whats about to happen here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Soto
msg tools
mbmb
Watch the meta switch from datasuckers to Imps....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Hmmmmmm :/

You're getting 3 Accelerated Diagnostics in hand regularly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:

He's power shutdowning for 29, so he's seen 20 cards of his deck? If I"m reading his log correctly he fetches one of the ADTs from his archives, so he really only needed 2 in hand... I don't have the math off hand, but the chances of having all 3 by card 20 is ~6%. Having 2 by card 20 is probably < 50% probability, but its far from irregular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, yeah, I get it, I'm terrible!

Sadly this was not staged at all, I'm just kind of fumbling around with Anarch. His R&D was open most of the game (hence my 5 points), those 2 ICE were recent installs. And, again, that Jackson was not out in the open, or I would have trashed it. I trashed every Jackson I could get my gurbby hands on.

Once he was ICE'd up and rich (so much operation economy for corps now, jeez) I was just digging for money and breakers. But yes, it shouldn't be quite so easy to pull this off. If I know I'm facing this kind of deck in the future I'll probably use a deck that I have some idea how to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Jets
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:

That's what I was thinking at first too. But his second time is a little different. He has two Jacksons already in play before the combo. This allows him to archive memories an accelerated diagnostics back during his second AD instead of using interns to install another Jackson like his first example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.