The (game) nights before Christmas edition.
We are at: www.kanataboardgamers.ca
There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, 19 December 2013. The start time for the session is 6 PM till approximately 11pm.
The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Hazeldean Public Library.
Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.
Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!
You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.
Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/
Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Go straight through the front doors and you can't miss us!
$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into a boardgame library fund. Maybe we'll have enough for some 2013 Essen picks? The war chest stands at $581.02. Check out the library (BGG user: KanataBoardGamers). Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next!
Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.
Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to Can Games 2014 to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them. You have donated $22.50 so far.
Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.
Hope to see you then!
Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):
1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR-36 1.3 km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you.
8. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.
Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the front doors
7. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall.
I'll be there.
Don't know what to take with me.
Drum Roll, Puerto Rico and Small world spring to mind.
Any other request, look in my collection.
I'm hoping to be there again this week. I've finally got my hands on a copy of Terra Mystica which I'd like to get to the table if anyone is interested. Word of warning: There seems to be lots of decision making in this game so this may not be for people who are easily overwhelmed.
Otherwise, I'll bring Mage Wars Arena just in case.
There was someone with the Omen game. I forgot who it was.
I have the latest expansion. he can have it for free (it was part of a kickstarter campaign).
I wll take it with me next time we meet in Kanata.
Terra Mystica was a lot of fun, Al. A lot quicker with three, too!
Jonathan, the disucssions on Power Struggle indicate that a privilege card can be used repeatedly. Oh well, not sure it would have slowed Danny's meteoric rise to victory.
btw consensus seemed to be to have the next meeting in two weeks, so
The Kanata Board Gamers reconvene on Thursday 2 January, 2014