Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanner Sandlin
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have become a little more observant of games whenever I am strolling through the local thrift stores. Today I came across two Operation games. I loved this game as a kid and figured it would be fun to play it over Christmas with me niece and nephew. Both boxes where in great shape and it appeared that they were both complete. They were both just $2.99 so I was going to go with the one that looked a little bit better. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that one was copyrighted in 1965 while the other one was in 2002.
I took some time to compare the differences. I like that they never changed the picture on the front. The one thing I did get a chuckle from is that the older on requires two D batteries and the other one need just two AA.
D batteries?!? Do they even make these anymore? Am I going to have to order them from some former Soviet country?
Needless to say, I purchased the D bat one. Now I can start practicing on getting the dang Adam’s apple piece. That one always sucked for me….
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually they did change the picture on the front. The original has a smoking doctor on the front, but that was removed only a few years later. Of course they make D batteries still! I think the flashlights that police officers use D batteries. Hope you have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an "adapter" that allows you to use AA batteries in place of D. I was able to get them in the same store I got my rechargeable AAs, though a quick search shows various kinds of adapters available...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, D batteries are obsolete now? Who knew???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Sandlin
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just trying to highlight that it took two D bats to complete the circuit and make the game buzz back in 1965.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.