Elder Sign» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red and Yellow Die and Spells ^_^ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
angi s
Austria
flag msg tools
Hey guys!
Just got the game and I am digging my way through the rulebook.
Some questions:

1.) When exactly do I have to play item cards to gain a yellow / red die?
Before rolling the six green dice? Can I add them during rolling the six green dice?

2.) Is it possible to put a yellow / red die on a spell or are the green dice the only ones that go on a spell?

3.) If a die is on a spell card and gets locked through another card: what happens to the spell? If I free the die, does it go back on the spell?

THANKS A LOT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nupfi wrote:
1.) When exactly do I have to play item cards to gain a yellow / red die?
Before rolling the six green dice? Can I add them during rolling the six green dice?

Basically before any roll. Personally, if I'm going to use one, I'll use it right at the start for most dice (if you roll first, might have to drop a die for failing a task). Also, "add them during rolling", you mean left hand uses the card while right hand is throwing the dice ?

Quote:
2.) Is it possible to put a yellow / red die on a spell or are the green dice the only ones that go on a spell?

You can lock a yellow/red (and white if you have the expansion).

Quote:
3.) If a die is on a spell card and gets locked through another card: what happens to the spell? If I free the die, does it go back on the spell?

"After all dice on a Spell card are removed, the player returns the
card facedown to the bottom of its deck." (p. 13)

Doesn't matter why the die was removed (used, locked), spell gets discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - You have to do it only before the roll.
2 - Yes, it is possible
3 - The die gets locked and the spell is lost (unless it is on the Dread Curse of Azathoth spell, which can secure two dice and there is one die remaining on the spell. However, you cannot add any die to the spell later).

EDIT: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
angi s
Austria
flag msg tools
Haha wow thank you for the quick replies!

Regarding question 1; let me clarify:
When trying to solve tasks on the adventure card... can I first use all the 6 green dice and lets say... after 2 failed attempts I want to use an item to get me a red die... would that be possible?
So can I play item cards whenever I want (during my turn) or does it have to be at the beginning of my turn? ^_^

THANKS A LOT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nupfi wrote:

When trying to solve tasks on the adventure card... can I first use all the 6 green dice and lets say... after 2 failed attempts I want to use an item to get me a red die... would that be possible?
So can I play item cards whenever I want (during my turn) or does it have to be at the beginning of my turn? ^_^

THANKS A LOT

Yes that is OK, you can play items before any roll (excluding rerolls for clues), not just the first of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
angi s
Austria
flag msg tools
Wow thanks to all of you!
Everything is clear now; I think I am ready to start my first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nupfi wrote:

THANKS A LOT

I actually prefer not to use it for the first roll. Maybe it's silly but I like to give myself a chance to not need the yellow/red dice and then if I don't get it on the first roll I'll use the item. My logic is that otherwise it might be wasted! Like I say perhaps bad logic but it feels right to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BertMcCloud wrote:
nupfi wrote:

THANKS A LOT

I actually prefer not to use it for the first roll. Maybe it's silly but I like to give myself a chance to not need the yellow/red dice and then if I don't get it on the first roll I'll use the item. My logic is that otherwise it might be wasted! Like I say perhaps bad logic but it feels right to me!

I tend to avoid using it at first roll if I'm cursed. Who doesn't hate having his red die wasted because of the black die!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.